Android Question [B4X] [XUI] [SOLVED] AS Bottom Menu V2: How to?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

Updated: The following thread bears reference

The version I'm using is 2.70

Thanks for this awesome component,. I kindly request some clarity on how to use this component effectively to meet my needs? Here we go?

Q1. Is it possible for one to change the Middle Button Text at runtime, I have tried

B4X:
ASBottomMenu1.Text3 = "Profile"

But its still showing the Add New in the abstract designer? Not sure if I am doing it right.?

Q2. The provided iOS example has images, I had tried to find on the post on how to add FontAwesome Icons, can you please advice?

As an example, I'd like to set an icon and the font size? Chr(0xF2C0), Font.CreateFontAwesome(24) for a particular item?

Q3. I intend to have a background image where the bottom menu will sit on, to provide a seamless looking like app, how do I remove the horizontal white line that borders the Bottom Menu?

Q4. How can I make the font of each item smaller? For example, the item text "Notifications", is showing as "Notificatio...", understandable, is it possible to make the font smaller though?

Q5. What is the best approach to use this with B4XPages with multiple pages and you want the bottom menu to be always persisted at the bottom?

Q6. How do you set the active item by code?

Thank you.

PS: Goodness, this works perfectly with the HexMenu.

Last edited:
Solution
Q2. The provided iOS example has images, I had tried to find on the post on how to add FontAwesome Icons, can you please advice?
use this code to convert FontAwesome to image, i'm using this function in my TabMenu.

Q3. I intend to have a background image where the bottom menu will sit on, to provide a seamless looking like app, how do I remove the horizontal white line that borders the Bottom Menu?
with the PartinglineVisible prop.

Q4. How can I make the font of each item smaller? For example, the item text "Notifications", is showing as "Notificatio...", understandable, is it possible to make the font smaller though?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are not talking about the TabMenu, you are talking about the BottomMenu V2?
Yes, sorry, posted the wrong reference. Yes its the Bottom Menu V2,

1636636166562.png

i have updated the title and reference link.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Q1. Is it possible for one to change the Middle Button Text at runtime, I have tried
On second check, apparently executing .Text5 = "XXX", changes the middle button text.

Thanks for taking time to go through the questions. This will help a great deal as only this control seems to work well with the HexMenu.

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
use this code to convert FontAwesome to image, i'm using this function in my TabMenu.

with the PartinglineVisible prop.

the labels are public in V2.8

Q5. What is the best approach to use this with B4XPages with multiple pages and you want the bottom menu to be always persisted at the bottom?
no idea, it's not a question about the view, best make a new thread how to keep a panel visible on multiple pages

Q6. How do you set the active item by code?
B4X:
ASBottomMenu1.CurrentTab = 1

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe my ASTabMenu is a better deal,
Sorry hey for making open an old project . Can the ASTabMebu be placed at the bottom? Im developing for iOS and wanting to be consistent with the Android App.

Now I see, with this version everything that refers to 5 is actually the middle button.

Yes the separator line went away after I set it to transparent, its check box was off.

🙏

Upvote 0