Android Question B4XComboBox

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by hwatech, Aug 25, 2019.

1. hwatech

hwatech Member Licensed User

I've been able to produce several cross platform apps already but there wasn't a large UI component to them so sorry for this beginner question. It's my understanding that a combobox represents a dropdownlist and a textbox, I have tried to read the postings on the topic and I have downloaded quite a few examples but I can not find the property to set or what to do exactly to make the combobox act like a windows or Xwindows combobox. I assume this is something I'm not getting but how do I to this ? I've seen the XUI example with the swift button and the search view but is this how it is done? Seems quite a round about way of doing it...

Please don't flame me, I'm trying to learn

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

B4XComboBox is based on Spinner in Android and ActionSheet in B4i. Both "views" let you choose an item from a list of items and nothing else. If you need a different behavior then you need to use a different thing. Maybe B4XDialog with the search template.

3. hwatech

hwatech Member Licensed User

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice