Android Question [B4XPages] Splash Screen, B4XDrawer & 3+ Pages : A few questions

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ola

I'm exploring the B4X Splash screen example as depicted here, https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-b4xpages-splash-screen.120851/ inclusive of the 3 pages examples.

The goal is to have a transparent splash screen, a b4x drawer to access other pages. I kindly request some clarity and help on the following.

On the attached project.

1. The background color of the activity is set on Manifest. Q. Is there a way to make this transparent?
2. During foreground / background movement of the app, there is this unwanted flicker (the background color is shown just before the MainPage layout). Q. How do I ensure this does not happen?
3. My b4xpages uses another activity for this splash screen behavior (this is based on one of the examples in the forum), how can I make this work with just 1 activity?
4. When one moves from 1 page to another by pressing the back/up button, there is a slight movement / animation on the bar text. To reproduce..
4.1 Select the hamburger and go to any page from the listview
4.2. Select the up button on that page
4.3 Notice that the B4XSplash text on the bar slides from the left, how does one disable such for a rather no sliding of the title?

I thank you.

Attachments

• B4XSplash.zip
    76.5 KB · Views: 194

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Showing a transparent image above the main page is actually much simpler. The complexity of the splash example is related to the requirement of having two activities, one full screen and the other non-full screen.

If you just want to show something above the main layout then don't do it base on the splash example. Just put a panel or B4XImage and fade it with B4XView.SetVisibleAnimated.

Upvote 0