Wish B4xTable - everything what the other tables have

DarkoT

Licensed User
Hi,
I start to use B4xTables in my B4J desktop projects and I'm really satisfied with all functionalities what B4Xtables can... I got from my customer first feedback what could be good (as good user experience) if I could deliver inside of project (=what should B4xTables have)...

Here is my Wishlist:
1. customizable layout (user should alone organize layout of table - frozen columns, hide columns)
2. flexible columns width depending on content of data in rows
3. storable layout (user should alone organize layout and store layout which can be later called
4. setting the default layout (restore custom organization layout to default which is defined as initial grid)
5. exporting data to xls, csv, ....
6. using drag & Drop to reorganize columns or to expand columns

If somebody have additional idea which DataGrid to use inside of B4J desktop app - I will be more as happy... (I have use before B4J in .net with DevExpress)

This is just suggestion or maybe is my wish list to be more competitive...

Best regards and hope that some of my whishes will be fulfilled.. :)

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
some of my whishes will be fulfilled
You make good wishes, but at the same time a lot of wishes at once.. In addition to the 2 wishes (2 and 5) that Erel pointed out to you, I think some or portions of the others may be doable now. But, I think your best approach is to tackle them one at a time in a thread in the questions forum with your pertinent attached project If none of us can help, then Erel always comes to the rescue.

DarkoT

Licensed User
You make good wishes, but at the same time a lot of wishes at once.. In addition to the 2 wishes (2 and 5) that Erel pointed out to you, I think some or portions of the others may be doable now. But, I think your best approach is to tackle them one at a time in a thread in the questions forum with your pertinent attached project If none of us can help, then Erel always comes to the rescue.
I know that's a lot what I'm asking for... Here is just as sumarised wishlist which can be a some starting point for development. I will try to solve some points; if I will have solution I will be glad if I can share this... (while I'm pretty new in B4x world still learning how to create solutions which will be usable for other collegues)...