iOS Question Background Timer

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

As discussed before, it is said that if we plan to release our app to appstore it is not possible to run the timer in the background. BUT I see many sports app able to do this even they are on the appstore and they didn'^t request background tracking etc.

Is there any update on this?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How do you see that the apps run anything in the background?

I think they are really working in the bacground because it has a timer that is used in sports. You select a workout and rest time and number of rounds. Lets say 10 seconds workout, 5 seconds rest for 20 rounds. If you get the app to background, you still hear the beep at the end of each work time our rest time between all rounds and the ending whistle at the end of all workout. If the timer is not working on the background, how can it play the sounds at the end of each round etc?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

this is the app. you can press the blue button on middle to go to timer. Select interval from options and start the timer with 10 seconds work time 5 seconds rest time for 5 rounds. get the app to background. It will work flawlessly on the backgrounds with all the alerts etc.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think they are really working in the bacground because it has a timer that is used in sports. You select a workout and rest time and number of rounds. Lets say 10 seconds workout, 5 seconds rest for 20 rounds. If you get the app to background, you still hear the beep at the end of each work time our rest time between all rounds and the ending whistle at the end of all workout. If the timer is not working on the background, how can it play the sounds at the end of each round etc?
this is the app. you can press the blue button on middle to go to timer. Select interval from options and start the timer with 10 seconds work time 5 seconds rest time for 5 rounds. get the app to background. It will work flawlessly on the backgrounds with all the alerts etc.

I will not reverse engineer the app. Sorry.
Your app cannot run in the background unless of a few specific use cases.

Upvote 0