Bug? [BANano 4.07] \B4J\manifest.txt not found

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
@alwaysbusy

I'm getting the following error with my project, which is uploaded for reference:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\*****~1\DOCUME~1\GitHub\GAMEME~1\Objects\b4xlibs_BANano\bananoskeleton\B4J\manifest.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)

It seems that either BANano or the IDE thinks there should be a "B4J" folder that contains the manifest file.

Attachments

• GMU.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 230

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

THIS IS NOT A BUG

There are 2 things I noticed with your code.

B4X:
GMUApp.Initialize("gmu", "GameMeasureUtility", 1.00)

Your event name "gmu" and your version is 1.00 which is a long by nature. But then again, everything in js mostly does not have a type.

2. Your _Ready call, Sub GMUApp_Ready() me thinks because your initialized BANano with "gmu" then perhaps the ready call should be gmu_ready?

Besides that, one of the things I have recommended to people I have helped is to simplyfy the folder structure for B4X and this has helped. For example by using these simple folder structures.

c:\b4x\b4a
c:\b4x\b4i
c:\b4x\b4j

Then

c:\b4x\b4j\shared
c:\b4x\b4j\libraries
c:\b4x\b4j\workspace

Then you configure your paths for external libraries and shared to point to c:\b4x\b4j\shared and c:\b4x\b4j\libraries for b4j.

Another thing, the last time I checked, if you created a view, saved and ran your project and then changed the package name in Build Configurations, you were in trouble as the old package name is hard coded into your view. I solved this by creating a new view and then copying controls and deleting the old one. I havent used views in a long while so this could be different now and I could be wrong.

All the best.. #My2Cents.

Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have managed to run your app like this.

NB: My folder structure is simplified in the above fashion, but for now leave as is.

1. Open BANanoSkeleton Library and ran it, this recompiled the library using b4x for myself. Ensured BANanoSkeleton is version 1.02
2. Open SweetAlert Library and ran it, this recompiled the library using b4x for myself. Ensured SweetAlert is version 1.00
3. Open your project, removed all referenced to Skeleton & SweetAlert. I decided not to refresh.
4. Set back references for Skeleton and SweetAlert
5. Changed GMUAPP_Ready to GMU_Ready, because... (your event linkage to ready is wrong)

error.png

Ran your app..

compilation.png

There it goes...

result.png

All the best..