B4J Question [BANano] [SOLVED] Are there any plans to extend it to produce regular websites?

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

In respect to BANano, are there any plans to extend it to produce regular websites / webapps that are not necessarily SPAs?

By this it means multiple pages with different page names? These could also be database driven etc?

Thanks
I would also like to have this feature in BANano

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Mashiane,

have a look at the folder WebsiteDemo. There is a complete example of a website (ChatNoir).

Greetings ... Peter
I checked this, I understand that even (ChatNoir) this is a single page app ie one single html file. Correct me if I am wrong.

For eg:- To the users/customers, I would like to provide a landing page link, may be www.chatnoir.com/aboutus or to a specific page for specific contents.

While doing digital marketing, we will be sharing information about a particular product or a particular promotion scheme. In such cases, we will sharing a web link in the advertisements which when the potential customer's clicks will be taken to that particular page which provides more information about a particular product or whatsoever is advertised. I don't think that it will be a good idea to make the potential customer land on the general homepage and then wasting his/her time searching for the content that he is looking for. Instead, if we have a direct web link, then we can directly bring the customer to that particular page/content that he is looking for.

I am not sure whether this is possible in SPA or not, maybe the whole purpose of SPA is totally different.
I was thinking that it would be an added advantage if BANano could be used to produce both types ie
  1. SPA web app/website
  2. Multi-page website/web app. So that we can create different pages and not just confined to a single index.htm for the entire Web site/app.
Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
While doing digital marketing, we will be sharing information about a particular product or a particular promotion scheme. In such cases, we will sharing a web link in the advertisements which when the potential customer's clicks will be taken to that particular page which provides more information about a particular product or whatsoever is advertised. I don't think that it will be a good idea to make the potential customer land on the general homepage and then wasting his/her time searching for the content that he is looking for. Instead, if we have a direct web link, then we can directly bring the customer to that particular page/content that he is looking for.

With the router version of ChatNoir, you can pass arguments in the url so the user goes immidiately to the place you intended:

e.g.
If you put this in the url:
B4X:
http://127.0.0.1:8888/?page=About

And in BANano_Ready(), you catch this url and go immidiately to the About page here (go to Home if the page param is not found):
B4X:
Dim ToPage As String = BANano.GetURLParamDefault(BANano.GetCurrentUrl, "page", "Home")
Router.NavigateTo(ToPage, False, False)

You can make this as complex as you need it:
e.g. go to the products page, product with id 15, ...
B4X:
http://127.0.0.1:8888/?page=Products&id=15

Upvote 0