B4J Question [BANano]: [SOLVED] Using / Converting Own B4J Classes

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

Some time ago I created some base classes that I'm using for anything webapp programming I'm doing inclusive of the ABM things I did. These classes I have also used for the custom components in ABM.

I posted these here many moons ago. Seeing that BaNano is an interesting concept I'd like to explore, I wondering if it will be possible to have my base classes working with BANano? Can you please advise?

Scenario.

1. HTMLElelement will be a base class for any HTML component I want to be created.
2. I havent tried this with B4JS.
3. Other HTML component classed will be created based on HTMLElement.
4. The class references itself for chaining functionalities.

Is something like this possible.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As long as it does not use anything from ABM, it should be transpilable. The upcoming BANano 1.07 will have some new stuff which will help you to write 'wrappers'.

Your base classes can ony use the jcore and BANano libraries. Also, it can not use Types, so you will have to convert those to classes.

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As long as it does not use anything from ABM, it should be transpilable. The upcoming BANano 1.07 will have some new stuff which will help you to write 'wrappers'.

Your base classes can ony use the jcore and BANano libraries. Also, it can not use Types, so you will have to convert those to classes.
Still pretty much Greek to me... Yet what I see so far, I may overcome. Looks good.

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't worry:

Translated - "it's not so hard to learn" - for you and others... but this is ME! (one big dummie...)
I guess if I can handle ABM, this should be easy (providing it writes all my code - as per ABM (- translated/spiled to js / java / css / whatever it needs... )).
All are aware of my aversion to these. They just spin me into a never ending circle - where nothing ever gets accomplished...

That's where you, my friend, come to my emotional rescue... Be (our) saviour steadfast and true...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just hope that Erel doesn't mind when (me /us /we) interject a little off-topic humor / relevance into his on-topic forum thread (once in awhile).
Lightens our heavy load, from time to time...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
translated/spiled to js / java / css / whatever it needs
That is actually the big difference: one does need to know some of this stuff. I try to eliminate the need for it as much as possible (e.g. now with the new BANanoObject), but still...

ABM is still the library we are using inhouse as it is very fast to build big WebApps. But as it doesn't need as much maintenance now (I think it is very mature and stable now), I have some time to experiment with this second library. BANano is meant as a backbone for webapps.

I hope some of forum users who don't mind writing javascript/css/html, will make modules and share them on the forum so others can just use them.
@Kiffi is already finishing a first one, and he will be sharing it shortly. I've seen a life demo of it and was very impressed with the result!

Upvote 0