B4J Question [BANanoVueMaterial] [Resolved] Unable to run the BANanoVmDemo application on XAMPP

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am trying to run the BANanoVmDemo Application. The application is compiled and installed properly on my Xamp folder C:\xampp\htdocs.

A1.jpg

However, the browser does not load anything, it shows a blank page as shown below.
A2.jpg

Please note that I am able to run other samples which come along with the BANanoVueMaterial ie the ones available in the Examples folder.

I downloaded from the repository today morning. I was having the same problem with the previous version too.

My XAMPP is working fine on my local PC.
A3.jpg

I have also created a database named bvmdemo on my MySQL server. The details are updated in the Config.php file available in the Files folder

Last edited:

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is what I see when I press F12 - Network Console. Looks like there is an error, unfortunately, I can't understand the reason for this error ?

Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid hexadecimal escape sequence
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://localhost/bananovmdemo/styles/materialdesignicons.css.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Here is the screen snap shot
DemoCapture.PNG

By the way, I downloaded the latest BANanoVuetify library just one hour back from the repository.

aDemoCapture.PNG

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Q. Are you using XAMPP for other projects or just testing this out?

The reason I'm asking is because I am using laragon for development purposes and also found out that the usb web server works perfectly whilst the google web server does not support PHP. Installing XAMPP on my side has also conflicted with a lot of other things.

Yes @alwaysbusy is right (and thanks), the error is fine, that happens when you activate the debug mode i.e. console.

Please do me a favour, run the demo in debug mode. Then on the console when you click on the error you will be able to see the exact line where the error happens. That is all I need to trace this back. Please attach the log as a file here (right click on the console.log and click save), then I will be able to fix what could be an issue if its something internal to BVM.

Also, because a core library is now available without the extensions, 0. Core folder for new projects I recommend that people use that. This was indicated here. The core also has its demo project which is just pure vuetify without the extensions.

Ta!

PS: If you don't mind, can you please include " on XAMPP" on your thread title so that your subject line is more clear. Perhaps other people have had this issue and were able to solve it.

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Q. Are you using XAMPP for other projects or just testing this out?
I am a newbie when it comes to developing Web application/web sites. I have done a project using ABMaterial earlier.

I used XAMPP because it is a cross-platform service as it works with platforms like Mac, Linux, Windows etc. In production, I will be using Linux servers ONLY and not Windows server when hosting the websites.
I installed XAMPP just for trying out BANano and BANanoVuetify otherwise I don't need a webserver on my PC.

PS: If you don't mind, can you please include " on XAMPP" on your thread title so that your subject line is more clear. Perhaps other people have had this issue and were able to solve it.
Done

Please do me a favour, run the demo in debug mode. Then on the console when you click on the error you will be able to see the exact line where the error happens. That is all I need to trace this back. Please attach the log as a file here (right click on the console.log and click save), then I will be able to fix what could be an issue if its something internal to BVM.

Here is the log file

Attachments

• ErrorLogDemo.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think Mashiane will need you to click on the link in the log so it goes to the javascript line with the error:

1589783535673.png

if after clicking it does not go to the correct line number (149217 in your case 8024 in my example), you will need to scroll to it and make a screenshot:

1589783771739.png

Alwaysbusy

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
The click to that error code points to http://localhost/bananovmdemo/scripts/app.js

I opened the file app.js from the folder C:\xampp\htdocs\BANanoVMDemo\scripts using NotePad++. It is a file which is 4.12Mb in size.

Inspecting the line no 149217, the following are the relevant lines
appJS.jpg

Hope this will serve the purpose

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Let's try this, download usbwebserver and test the demo app. This runs from a usb stick or specific folder and comes with all needed things to run a webserver without installation. The link for it is on my previous responses to you.

I'm not using XAMPP and I wont install it on my side as it will create a conflict with what I have already installed. Sorry I cant help you in this case as I cant reproduce the error with my exclusive installation. Hopefully there is someone who can help with this here as I don't know anything technical about XAMPP.

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tested on another PC with WAMP and it is working fine. So the problem is with XAMPP.
I asked one of my colleagues to test it on XAMPP and he too experienced the same problem.

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, because a core library is now available without the extensions, 0. Core folder for new projects I recommend that people use that. This was indicated here. The core also has its demo project which is just pure vuetify without the extensions.
I tried this Core Demo too and it too fails with the same error at the same line in XAMPP ie
Java:
this._publish="C:\xampp\htdocs";

My concern/worry is whether there will be a problem if I publish the final Webapp on a Linux Apache server during the production phase. As I already said, I will not be using a Windows server.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My concern/worry is whether there will be a problem if I publish the final Webapp on a Linux Apache server during the production phase
I guess we can only know when you test such. I'm stuck with a windows machine. I have just now included a folder on the repo named, 0. Test Your WebServer, you can extract and upload the contents on your webserver to test if everything works. Its the designer compiled web app.

Ta!

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
I resolved the issue in XAMPP.

In the B4J project, you need to replace the backslash with forward slash as follows

B4X:
'The followign line will not work, you need to replace "\" with forward slash "/"
Private Publish As String = "C:\xampp\htdocs"

'This works
Private Publish As String = "C:/xampp/htdocs"

Upvote 0