B4J Library [BANanoVueMaterial]: The first complete opensource VueJS UX based framework for BANano

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3: File Input Component : Current developments that make sense

The code to upload the contents selected from the file input are now built within the library. All files uploaded will be saved to the assets folder of your app.

1. Define the FileInput Component

B4X:
Dim uploadprofile As VMFileInput = vm.NewFile(Me,"fiuploadpic", "upload", "Upload Profile Image", "", False, "", "", 0)

This is passed the module handling the events, the unique id of the element, the vmodel (temporal in this case), label etc.

2. Then you define a _change event, this fires after the files are uploaded. It will return a list of files belonging to this object.

B4X:
Type FileObject(FileName As String, FileDate As String, FileSize As Long, FileType As String)

The _change event is linked to the unique id of the component. In this case we read the uploaded file and then update the profile picture.

B4X:
Sub fiuploadpic_change(fileList As List)
    If fileList = Null Then Return
    'get the file object
    Dim fo As FileObject = fileList.Get(0)
    vm.setdata("dp", $"./assets/${fo.FileName}"$)
End Sub

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Image: The image is used to display pictures. You can change an image by updating its v-model as per example above,

B4X:
Dim profilepic As VMImage = vm.NewImage(Me,"displaypic", "dp", "./assets/sponge.png", "SpongeBob", "80px", "80px")
    profilepic.SetBorder("1px", vm.COLOR_BLUE, vm.BORDER_RIDGE)
    profilepic.SetBorderRadius("50%")

The v-model for this image that will update the src attr of the image is "dp". Changing that changes the picture displayed. See here.

Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Text Fields: These are used for text inputs

B4X:
Dim txtfirstname As VMTextField = vm.NewText(Me,"txtfirstname", "firstname", "First Name", "First Name", True, "", 0, "", "The first name is required!", 0)
    Dim txtlastname As VMTextField = vm.NewText(Me,"txtlastname", "lastname", "Last Name", "Last Name", True, "", 0, "", "The last name is required!", 0)
    '

To get the contents of the textfields we would execute

B4X:
Dim fname as string = vm.GetData("firstname")
dim lname as string = vm.GetData("lastname")

As we are using the grid methodology, we have defined a single method called .GetData to get all details of all input components inside a container.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Radio Group: This allows one to make a selection from options.

B4X:
Dim radGender As VMRadioGroup = vm.NewRadioGroup(Me,"rggender", "gender", "Gender", "Male", CreateMap("Male":"Male","Female":"Female"), True, True, 0)

Here we want 2 options, to select a gender, Male / Female. The default selection is "Male"

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Passwords

Passwords enable one to specify hidden content for their password. In this instance we have turned off the toggle eye.

B4X:
Dim txtPassword As VMTextField = vm.NewPassword(Me,"txtpassword", "password", "Password","",True,False,"",15,"", "The password is required!",0)
    Dim txtconfirmPassword As VMTextField = vm.NewPassword(Me,"txtconfirmpassword", "confirmpassword", "Confirm Password","",True,False,"",15,"", "The password is required!",0)

By just changing one of the variables passed, one can have the toggle buttons visible.

B4X:
Dim txtPassword As VMTextField = vm.NewPassword(Me,"txtpassword", "password", "Password","",True,True,"",15,"", "The password is required!",0)
    Dim txtconfirmPassword As VMTextField = vm.NewPassword(Me,"txtconfirmpassword", "confirmpassword", "Confirm Password","",True,True,"",15,"", "The password is required!",0)

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Switch - to make a choice.

B4X:
Dim notifications As VMSwitch = vm.NewSwitch(Me,"swtnotifications", "notifications", "Receive Notifications", "Yes", "No",True, 0).SetString

We want our switch to return Yes when true and No when false. The return value should be a string and not a boolean, thus .SetString.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Getting Data from the screen.

The data that is returned from your screen is based on the specified v-models per component that you added. This is returned as a map (key value pair)

B4X:
Sub btnicony_click(e As BANanoEvent)
    Dim rec As Map = cont.getdata
    vm.ShowAlert("inform","Data", BANano.tojson(rec), "Data")
End Sub

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Slider

B4X:
Dim slider As VMSlider = vm.NewSlider(Me, "slider", "slider", "Slider", 0, 100, 0).SetDevicePositions(2, 2, 12, 6, 6, 6)
    cont.AddControl1(slider.Slider, slider.ToString)

This slider starts from 0 to 100, will sit in row 2 column 2, spanning 6 spaces on medium, large, xlarge devices.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 AutoComplete

The autocomplete can be sources from a list or key value pairs.

We first define the source.

B4X:
Dim lst As List
    lst.Initialize
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "Florida", "abbr": "FL", "id": "1"))
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "Georgia", "abbr": "GA", "id": "2"))
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "Nebraska", "abbr": "NE", "id": "3"))
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "California", "abbr": "CA", "id": "4"))
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "New York", "abbr": "NY", "id": "5"))
    vm.SetData("states2", lst)

We add our auto-complete

B4X:
Dim ac1 As VMAutoComplete = vm.NewAutoCompleteDataSource(Me, "acx1", "acx1", "States", "States", "states2", "id", "name", False, True, "This is it!", "", 0).SetDevicePositions(3, 2, 12, 6, 6, 6)
    cont.AddControl1(ac1.AutoComplete, ac1.ToString)

The data source in this case will be like records coming from a db select command.

The second option is to define the autocomplete from a normal list

Here we define a list for our options.

B4X:
Dim genderlist1 As List = Array("Male", "Female")

Then we define our AutoComplete

B4X:
Dim ac2 As VMAutoComplete = vm.NewAutoComplete(Me, "acx2", "acx2", "Gender", "Gender", genderlist1, False, "This is it!", "", 0).SetDevicePositions(3, 2, 12, 6, 6, 6)
    cont.AddControl1(ac2.AutoComplete, ac2.ToString)

This approach also applies to Combo and Select components.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Labels

One can define any label and size they want according to the available standards. In this example, we define a H1.

B4X:
Dim lbl As VMLabel = vm.NewLabel("labelz", "labelz", vm.SIZE_H1, "This is H1").SetDevicePositions(6, 2, 12, 6, 6, 6)
    cont.AddControl1(lbl.Label, lbl.ToString)

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Selects

For this select we base it on a map and another one on the previous states list.

Let's define a gender list.

B4X:
Dim genderlist As Map = CreateMap("f":"Female", "m":"Male")

Let's use this map to define a select dropdown.

B4X:
Dim mysel1 As VMSelect = vm.NewSelectOptions(Me, "myselect1", "myselect1", "Select Gender", True, False, "Gender", genderlist, "id", "text", False, "My thingo", "", 0).SetDevicePositions(8, 2, 12, 6, 6, 6)
    cont.AddControl1(mysel1.Combo, mysel1.ToString)

The second option is from a datasource.

We define the ds:

B4X:
Dim lst As List
    lst.Initialize
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "Florida", "abbr": "FL", "id": "1"))
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "Georgia", "abbr": "GA", "id": "2"))
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "Nebraska", "abbr": "NE", "id": "3"))
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "California", "abbr": "CA", "id": "4"))
    lst.Add(CreateMap("name": "New York", "abbr": "NY", "id": "5"))
    vm.SetData("states2", lst)

We then add a multiple input select.

B4X:
'datasource
    Dim mysel As VMSelect = vm.NewSelectDataSource(Me, "myselect", "myselect", "Select States", True, True, "States", "states2", "id", "name", False, "My thingo", "", 0).SetDevicePositions(8, 1, 12, 6, 6, 6)
    cont.AddControl1(mysel.Combo, mysel.ToString)
    'map

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM 3 Buttons

1. Let's define a button that will take the whole block

B4X:
Dim btn As VMButton = vm.NewButton(Me, "buttonx", "TheMash Block", True, True, False, True).SetDevicePositions(7, 2, 12, 6, 6, 6)
    cont.AddControl1(btn.Button, btn.ToString)

2. Lets add an icon button

B4X:
Dim icon As VMIcon = vm.NewIcon(Me, "icon", "mdi-chevron-right", vm.ICON_LARGE, vm.COLOR_AMBER).SetDevicePositions(7, 1, 12, 6, 6, 6)
    icon.SetDark(True)
    cont.AddControl1(icon.Icon, icon.ToString)

3. Let's add a FAB button

B4X:
Dim btnxy As VMButton = vm.NewFabButton(Me, "btnicony", "mdi-pencil", vm.COLOR_DEEPORANGE, "Fab Button").SetDevicePositions(9, 2, 12, 6, 6, 6)
    btnxy.SetLarge(True)
    cont.AddControl1(btnxy.Button, btnxy.ToString)

4. Let's add the speed dial

B4X:
Dim sp1 As VMSpeedDial = vm.CreateSpeedDial("sp1", Me, "mdi-account-circle", "mdi-close")
    sp1.Button.SetColorIntensity(vm.COLOR_BLUE, vm.INTENSITY_DARKEN2)
    sp1.AddItem("edit", "mdi-pencil", "green")
    sp1.AddItem("addit", "mdi-plus", "indigo")
    sp1.AddItem("deleteit", "mdi-delete", "red")
    vm.AddSpeedDial(sp1)

All events for buttons take the specified id and then a click method.

B4X:
Sub edit_click(e As BANanoEvent)
    vm.ShowSnackBar("Edit!")
End Sub

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…