B4J Question [BANanoVuetify] [Solved] Opening Demo Project says Cannot find central directory

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Today, I downloaded the Demo Project from the link https://github.com/Mashiane/BANanoVuetify

I also downloaded the required libraries from there. When I open the project BANanoVMDemo project, I get the following error message

"An error occurred Cannot find central directory"

Even though the libraries BANano, BANanoPostProcessor etc are already selected in the libraries list, I could see the code in Red Color ie Public BANano, Private BP As BANanoPostProcessor. I am wondering what is happening. Here is the screen snapshot.

BANanoVuetify.jpg

Any help to put me in the right direction?

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
I too noticed that the library versions are not displayed in the IDE, but then this problem is ONLY when I open the Demo project in BANanoVuetify. I assume that this is related with the error message "An error occurred Cannot find central directory" I get this error message whenever I open any projects inside the BANanoVuetify folder. If I open my already existing ABMaterial projects in B4J then the Library version numbers are displayed in the IDE and there is no error message.

Whatever projects that I open in the folders Examples also throws me the same error ie "An error occurred Cannot find central directory" and also the library versions are not displayed

I downloaded the latest version of B4J and then installed once again, unfortunately, the problem persists. I redownload BANanoVuetify from the repository once again from https://github.com/Mashiane/BANanoVuetify but no luck.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BVM does not have an error message like this built in. Have you checked other projects besides ABM perhaps? So the problem is on your end and not an issue with BVM.

The only thing we be missed look at here is your b4x configuration.
Please provide me with this

1. Screen dump of configure paths on your end.
2. Full path of where you saved the BVM project

Usually I recommend that people have a very simple file structure for b4x for example.

C:\b4x\b4j

And then inside that folder you have 3 subfolders, shared, libraries, workspace.

Perhaps try that approach.

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Screen dump of configure paths on your end.
2. Full path of where you saved the BVM project

1. Here is the Screen dump of my configure paths
ConfigPath.jpg

2. Full path of the BVM project

I copied the Folder ExpensesShow to the Root of my E: drive and trying to open it from there ie E:\ExpensesShow.
ProjectPath.jpg

This is what the IDE looks like when I open the project. "An error occurred Cannot find central directory". I am trying to open the sample ExpensesShow

BANanoProjError.jpg

Have you checked other projects besides ABM perhaps?
Another my project in B4J is a customised version of jRDC. I opened that too without any issue.

Another interesting fact that I noticed is that If I open my jRDC B4J project, it opens fine without any error. After opening the jRDC project, if I try to include/select the library BANanoVuetify in that jRDC project then I get the same PopUp error message "An error occurred Cannot find central directory"

Actually I am puzzled:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0