Android Question BCTextEngine Using Custom Fonts

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to use a custom font with BCTextEngine but I am unable to get it to use it.

B4X:
    ' Font to use for Header
    tfOutline = Typeface.LoadFromAssets("MyFont.ttf")
'    TextEngine.CustomFonts.Put("dearest", xui.CreateFont(Typeface.LoadFromAssets("MyFont.ttf"), 10))
'    TextEngine.CustomFonts.Put("dearest",xui.CreateFont(tfOutline, 10))
    TextEngine.CustomFonts.Put("dearest",xui.CreateFont(Typeface.CreateNew(tfOutline, Typeface.STYLE_BOLD), 10))
    BBCodeView1.Text = _
$"[Alignment=Center][font=dearest size=18][b]My Header[/b][/Font][/Alignment]"$

Is this even possible and if so how do I get it to work?

BTW I am converting my monospace font "About" info in my app with this since it has Justified Alignment and other nice features. Pretty cool stuff!

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry I didn't make this clear but because of Justified alignment means that I can use any font that I want. So the monospace font is replaced with serif. My original problem is that I cannot get a custom font to be used. A font that I downloaded from the web.

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
?
B4X:
    Dim MyFont As B4XFont
    #If B4A
    MyFont = xui.CreateFont(Typeface.LoadFromAssets("audiowide.regular.ttf"),62)
    #Else If B4J
    Dim fx As JFX
    MyFont = xui.CreateFont(fx.LoadFont(File.DirAssets,"audiowide.regular.ttf",62),62)
    #Else
    MyFont = xui.CreateFont(Font.CreateNew2("audiowide.regular.ttf",62),62)
    #End If

TextEngine.CustomFonts.Put("MyFont", MyFont)
    BBCodeView1.TextEngine = TextEngine
    BBCodeView1.Text = $"[Alignment=Center][TextSize=30][b][Font=MyFont] My Header [/Font][/b][/TextSize][/Alignment]"$

Demo:
1657794567683.png

Example:
B4X:
    BBCodeView1.Text = _
$"[Alignment=Center][TextSize=30][b][u][Font=MyFont Size=50]This is the title [/Font][FontAwesome=0xF034/] [FontAwesome=0xF035/][/u][/b][/TextSize][/Alignment]
Emoji made of multiple "characters": 👨‍💻 and a flag: [TextSize=30][e=🇺🇳/][/TextSize]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc fermentum elit vitae nisi faucibus, vitae lacinia turpis mattis.

1657795351816.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Omar my good man. That worked but I also needed to delete the bold statements around my text. I'll need to look into that as I use this font in other places in my app and am able to use bold.

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Omar my good man. That worked but I also needed to delete the bold statements around my text. I'll need to look into that as I use this font in other places in my app and am able to use bold.
ok,
I leave an example in which I was studying BCToast and BCTextEngine/BBCodeView
1657824280884.png

Attachments

• TEST-BCToast.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0