behavior other than the programmed one?

exjey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am making a simple SendEmail sub just like the examples here in the forum. In the emulator 2.1 it opens the Intent, but all the values given to the Email object are ignored. Running the program to a real device, it works OK.

Now i am coming to a friend and he is got a Samsung cell phone with Android 2.3.5. By pressing the email button it opens the external email client but -guess what- not even the body text or title (or better the attached picture) filled with the programmed values.

What exactly it is happening. Is the email object (current version) of B4A something that we cannot "trust" in our apps? OR am i using the wrong library to send an email with predefined values (To: , Body text , Subject , Attachment) OR its target is only specific phones OR it depends on some api level i have to take care somewhere in the settings menus? :sign0148:

Other than this, and if you please know, why the live audio streaming using MediaPlayerStream starts playing fast on my devices (usually 2.1 android and takes only 5 secs to start play) and takes even a minute (!) to start on android 2.3.5 (the above Samsung phone ) and some 4.0.1 tablet i have? I feel helpless because the MediaPlayerStream it is very simple to use and contains (i think) no extra parameters in order to correct this.

Dim E As Email <- is the object i am using

Last edited:

exjey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe there is something strange either the Android 2.3.? version or the Samsung devices. I didnt make it to replicate the problem with the Email properties to any other phone or tablet, it works nicely and browses all the imported values i am giving. So.. :sign0089: or someone may have more experience why the imported Email values are ignored by that Samsung 2.3.5 phone. I dont want to use the SMTP in my program cause i dont want to use any of my companies Sender email (like "[email protected]") due to the fact this is illegal without special spam notices, i think.

Upvote 0

exjey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes i understand. It works with 9 of 10 devices i've tested. I dont want to use smtp method because i want user interaction and preview the message before sending it. Thanks.

Upvote 0