Other Best idea for creating multilevel layout

DarkoT

Licensed User
Hi,

need idea (best practice) how to create user friendly input in B4J desktop app which will allow user to input WORKORDERS. On first level user will input a "head" (=production order) which will contains customer ID, date, description, ... On second level user should create many workorders (connected to production order). Each work order should have Item, description, quantity, ... Each workorder can contains more task and each task can have many activities...

Has somebody idea how to create layout which will be easy to understand and easy to use (for end users)? Some print-screen will be more as helpful...
Thank you...

Darko

Unobtainius

Licensed User
Longtime User
Without knowing anything more than what you've stated I'd have four maybe five pages
Page one: list of production orders each with an edit button and zoom button on each item. Page level would be an add productionorder button. Possibly a delete button each work order it. Zoom button would pass production order id to page 3. Add button would open page 2 with say -1 as the product order I'd so the page knows its and where tye item edit button would pass in an actual prod order I'd to edit.
Page two: form to either add or edit production orders
Page three: A list of work orders related to the selected production order. An add new button at the top of the page along with production order summary with a list work orders list underneath. Depending on the detail of a work order, this may be a summary list that gets ticked off as the wo is completed with a zoom to see further detail in page 4.
Page four: add and edit work order details

There's so many ways to do what you are looking for. Mine is only a suggestion, easy for the user to navigate and easy for you to maintain.

Upvote 0

Unobtainius

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was thinking b4a, for a desktop sized app which has more of a landscape orientation, I'd have three columns, col one the product orders list, col two the workorder list (for prod order selected in col 1), col three is main work area for filling in work order details.

Either a page or pop-up firm to add or edit production order and work orders. Col 1 25% col2 25% col three 50% of the screen.

Just a couple of ideas. Good luck with it.

Upvote 0

DarkoT

Licensed User
I was thinking b4a, for a desktop sized app which has more of a landscape orientation, I'd have three columns, col one the product orders list, col two the workorder list (for prod order selected in col 1), col three is main work area for filling in work order details.

Either a page or pop-up firm to add or edit production order and work orders. Col 1 25% col2 25% col three 50% of the screen.

Just a couple of ideas. Good luck with it.
@Unobtainius - thank you for idea... I'm using B4J as Desktop App; later will be (maybe) this also Mobile App....

I'll think about it, but it's definitely a good starting point... Have you any idea how to solve searching data in master data (working machines, working resources, materials, tasks, activities, ...? It's always the same "query" (select from different sql tables), just table and returned resultset is different?

Upvote 0

Unobtainius

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's always the same suggestion because it's the best answer. Even your product orders and work orders are going to be in related tables (i just assumed they would be sorry), so these other lookup lists would be no different. Create a couple of pages for each lookup, a page with a list for searching and an add/edit page just like the others. You may want a page above all the others with just two options, admin (to maintain all the lookup data) and Product Orders. In general if you only want some activities accessible to certain people, you are going to need a login page too. So some people can administer lookups and add new product orders and work orders while others can't although editing work orders is fine for them. The granularity is up to you. Often there is another table related to the user table detailing permissions, it can be simple with just a user id, control name, and a visible flag. So before you show a page you can check which controls are invisible. Eg someone who can't add ir edit product orders would have the product order add, and item edit buttons set to false.

Upvote 0

DarkoT

Licensed User
Germans will say - JAIN (YES and NO)... :) Maybe... I already created simple layout with tabs logic but is hard to control input... Have you any view of similar solution - somewhere on web?

Upvote 0

BlueVision

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe my design solution can help you a little to develop the way for your programme design.
My programme is primarily about ordering spare parts for the maintenance of a machine.

First, the machine type is selected in a separate panel.
Picture 1 then shows a panel with the ordering information, adapted to the customer. In picture 2, the parts to be ordered are selected. In image 3, the order is automatically checked and can be sent.

In principle, there are 3 panels next to each other which, when clicked, "open up and dimension themselves accordingly". In this way, the overview is maintained at all times.

It's just an idea that might be applicable to your project in this or a similar way.

Kind regards from Berlin

1682007609228.png

1682007658870.png

1682007686752.png

Upvote 0

DarkoT

Licensed User
Maybe my design solution can help you a little to develop the way for your programme design.
My programme is primarily about ordering spare parts for the maintenance of a machine.

Picture 1 then shows a panel with the ordering information, adapted to the customer. In picture 2, the parts to be ordered are selected. In image 3, the order is automatically checked and can be sent.

In principle, there are 3 panels next to each other which, when clicked, "open up and dimension themselves accordingly". In this way, the overview is maintained at all times.

It's just an idea that might be applicable to your project in this or a similar way.

Kind regards from Berlin

View attachment 141348
View attachment 141350
View attachment 141351
Oh, thank you... This looks nice... Your solution sound like easy to understand (from user experience) and it's relative easy to implement....

Upvote 0

Unobtainius

Licensed User
Longtime User

Kind regards from Berlin

View attachment 141348
View attachment 141350
View attachment 141351
A visually stunning approach. Please accept my apologies in advance if you see this approach used in any of my future work and think, hey! 😁👍🏻

Upvote 0