Android Question Best way to migrate working vb.net Project to B4A?

BenK

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
i am new to B4A and android developing.
I have some working vb.net Projects, which i want to run as an app on Android.
What will be the best way to migrate a Project vom vb.net (Working on Desktop) to B4A (to get it working on Android)?

If i missed an already existing thread to this, please excuse me and provide me with a link to it, that i could start reading it. I was not succesful in searching for that.

Thank you very much!

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can not include vb code. So you need to rewrite it all using b4x method/libs.
Layouts from vb are not compatible with b4a. You need to rebuild them using the internal designer.

It all depends on what exactly you need to do. Hard to give any congrete advice.

If you have a special question. Create a new thread for any question you have.

Upvote 0

colboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been using VB.NET for many years and found migrating applications to Android very easy using B4A. I would suggest starting with a screen layout. This usually gets you familiar with the B4A equivalent UI components. You'll find ComboBoxes, Spinners in B4A, distinctly different from Windows. They're a little bit more finicky. These forums are usually the place to start if you have a problem. There's many knowledgeable people here, only too happy to help. Just start with a simple application and see how you get on.

Upvote 0

BenK

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your answers.
First Idea was just to copy the code over and have a look what is not working.
But it seems to be a better idea to start with it from scratch. I am happy to have a 2 Monitor Workstation, Visual Studio on the left, and B4A on the right..... ;)

Upvote 0