Wish (Better) popup help for Manifest Editor commands and #ApplicationAttributes

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the manifest editor the command completion (Ctrl-Space) only shows the available command names.
It would be VERY helpful to have a small popup help for each command with at least the expected parameters/fully syntax and perhaps a small example.

Same is for the #ApplicationAttributes. Ok, they have a small help popup but in most cases the information in there is not enough. For example the #CustomBuildAction attribute has several parameters and the popup help only says you should look into the tutorial thread. Why not include the information from the tutorial thread directly into the popup help? I always have to search for the tutorial thread if I want to add a new attribute.

These attributes need better help:
#AdditionalRes (syntax)
#CustomBuildAction (syntax and explanation of step id)
#IgnoreWarnings (list all available warnings which can be ignored)

The complete syntax should be shown for all attributes.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Even some of the very basic attributes (like ExcludeFromLibrary) I struggled with as
- I didnt find any examples on the forum of its usage
- I didnt know exactly where to put it
- I didnt know the syntax (you need to add :true at the end)
I think most attributes will be more useful with better documentation.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should see a tooltip:
SS-2014-03-06_13.14.58.png

The attributes are documented here: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/modules-attributes.24721/

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The commands in the manifest editor don't have a tooltip.
B4A_IDE_Manifest_editor.png

Yes, I know that there is a thread for the explanation of the attributes. The problem is that I always have to search the forum (and sometimes I don't have internet access while programming) to just get the syntax of a command or attribute.

And the following tooltip is quite useless. It just says "Go to the forum and search for your information". At least the syntax would be helpful.
B4A_IDE_Attributes.png

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I mentioned it in the subject and the first post.

Both need improvements. The manifest editor doesn't have popup tooltips at all and the contents of the attribute popups are somtimes not very helpful.
All should show at least the syntax of the command.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User