B4A Library BetterImageView

This is an enhanced ImageView, closer to the standard Java ImageView, with two layers (foreground and background), a touch event, a scaletype setting (similar to gravity, but for the foreground), an alpha setting and a few functions to alter the colors.
I fixed the issue with the gravity of the B4A ImageView (since it is a property of bitmapdrawables, the setting was lost when the background was changed to another type of drawable; now, this setting is kept whatever may be the contents).
It is a custom view that you can add in the designer.

screenshot.jpg
scnsht2.jpg

v1.1:
- The background set in the designer is properly read now;
- Added five functions: AlterColors, ApplyColorFilter, ReduceColors, LoadScaledBitmap and LoadNinePatchDrawable;
- Added a new demo;
- Fixed an issue in the first demo with some screen resolutions.

Attachments

• BetterImageView v1.1.zip
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,453
  • Java - BetterImageView.zip
    7 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Phayao

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you replace the BetterImageView by an ImageView, do you have the same problem?
Hello,
meanwhile i realized that the problem is coming from a part that i did not mention in the code:
in the touch-event i open also a dialog window, so that the user can input the name of the waypoint.
If i do this, the program sooner or later just stops without errormessage.
Obviously the touch event and open a dialog is not compatible :(

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
meanwhile i realized that the problem is coming from a part that i did not mention in the code:
in the touch-event i open also a dialog window, so that the user can input the name of the waypoint.
If i do this, the program sooner or later just stops without errormessage.
Obviously the touch event and open a dialog is not compatible :(
Put your dialog code in another sub and call this sub with CallSubDelayed.

Phayao

Licensed User
Longtime User
Put your dialog code in another sub and call this sub with CallSubDelayed.
Thank you - this worked ! ;)
Strangely the customdialog is working now and also filedialog (from dialog lib ) BUT the filedialog does only work in debug mode and does not open in Release mode. o_O
But this question goes probably too far beyond the original, so i dont waste your time with it, i'll play around with it.
Thanks so much for your incredible contributions !

Chris

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you - this worked ! ;)
Strangely the customdialog is working now and also filedialog (from dialog lib ) BUT the filedialog does only work in debug mode and does not open in Release mode. o_O
But this question goes probably too far beyond the original, so i dont waste your time with it, i'll play around with it.
Thanks so much for your incredible contributions !

Chris
You have an alternative for the file dialog here.

Phayao

Licensed User
Longtime User
You have an alternative for the file dialog here.
That's it - working like a Charm - thanks a lot ! :)
without your advice I had to refer to much more complicated ways.

Hope i can contribute to this forum one day in a similar way. :cool:

Chris

Paul Edwards

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is an enhanced ImageView, closer to the standard Java ImageView, with two layers (foreground and background), a touch event, a scaletype setting (similar to gravity, but for the foreground), an alpha setting and a few functions to alter the colors.
I fixed the issue with the gravity of the B4A ImageView (since it is a property of bitmapdrawables, the setting was lost when the background was changed to another type of drawable; now, this setting is kept whatever may be the contents).
It is a custom view that you can add in the designer.

View attachment 20802 View attachment 20803

v1.1:
- The background set in the designer is properly read now;
- Added five functions: AlterColors, ApplyColorFilter, ReduceColors, LoadScaledBitmap and LoadNinePatchDrawable;
- Added a new demo;
- Fixed an issue in the first demo with some screen resolutions.

Hi,

I want to be able to click on different parts of an image, that will do different things. Is this possible with this library ?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Edwards

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, like any view with a Touch event. You have to filter the X and Y results of the touch action.

Yes I can get it to do what I need.

However, when I replace the log command with msgbox(), it works for a few clicks, then it crashes. It crashes in both the emulator and on a proper android device. Is this a known issue ?

Paul

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I can get it to do what I need.

However, when I replace the log command with msgbox(), it works for a few clicks, then it crashes. It crashes in both the emulator and on a proper android device. Is this a known issue ?

Paul
Place the call to messagebox in a separate sub and call this sub with CallSubDelayed.

b2mvga

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I have one transparent PNG (3.png) and a JPG(3x4.jpg)... I put JPG in PNG using code:

BetterIV.BackgroundBitmap = LoadBitmap(File.DirAssets, "3x4.jpg")
BetterIV.Bitmap = LoadBitmapSample(File.DirAssets, "3.png", BetterIV.Width, BetterIV.Height)

This code works great on screen... The image 3x4.jpg appears on 3.png transparent...

After do this, I try save this merging:

Sub Button5_Click
Dim cvs As Canvas
cvs.Initialize(BetterIV)

Dim Out As OutputStream
Out = File.OpenOutput(File.DirRootExternal, "merging.png", False)
cvs.Bitmap.WriteToStream (Out,100,"PNG")
Out.Close
End Sub

However the file saved have only 3x4.jpg... the PNG Transparent is not saved in same file... how I can solve this?

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I have one transparent PNG (3.png) and a JPG(3x4.jpg)... I put JPG in PNG using code:

BetterIV.BackgroundBitmap = LoadBitmap(File.DirAssets, "3x4.jpg")
BetterIV.Bitmap = LoadBitmapSample(File.DirAssets, "3.png", BetterIV.Width, BetterIV.Height)

This code works great on screen... The image 3x4.jpg appears on 3.png transparent...

After do this, I try save this merging:

Sub Button5_Click
Dim cvs As Canvas
cvs.Initialize(BetterIV)

Dim Out As OutputStream
Out = File.OpenOutput(File.DirRootExternal, "merging.png", False)
cvs.Bitmap.WriteToStream (Out,100,"PNG")
Out.Close
End Sub

However the file saved have only 3x4.jpg... the PNG Transparent is not saved in same file... how I can solve this?
You write only the foreground bitmap to disk so the result is not surprising. To save the composite view, you have to take a screenshot of the view. You can find code for that in this forum, e.g. https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/capture-complete-panel-to-imageview.40657/#content

JdV

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

Thanks for sharing such an excellent library.

I see Demo4 (with its filters) works by setting the view's background bitmap. Should the filters also work if the demo is changed to set the view's foreground bitmap?

If not, is that by design?

Regards

Joe

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I see Demo4 (with its filters) works by setting the view's background bitmap. Should the filters also work if the demo is changed to set the view's foreground bitmap?

If not, is that by design?
The quickest answer to your question is to try by yourself.
If you look closely at the parameters of the functions, you will see that they take bitmaps as inputs and produce a new bitmap, so they are completely unrelated to the ImageView layer.

JdV

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the quick reply.

My reason for asking is that in my own program I'm attempting to use a filter on an ImageView.Bitmap image and I get the following error:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Immutable bitmap passed to Canvas constructor

The bitmap I'm using isn't saved locally but downloaded from the Internet and the ImageView.Bitmap is set directly.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the quick reply.

My reason for asking is that in my own program I'm attempting to use a filter on an ImageView.Bitmap image and I get the following error:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Immutable bitmap passed to Canvas constructor

The bitmap I'm using isn't saved locally but downloaded from the Internet and the ImageView.Bitmap is set directly.
In the Accelerated Surface library, you have a function to convert your immutable bitmap:
B4X:
Dim IU As AS_ImageUtils
MutableBmp = IU.MakeMutable(ImmutableBmp)
You can also do that with the InitializeMutable constructor of the Bitmap class but it's simpler and faster with the above.