Android Question BLE Barcode scanner using SPP on KOAMTAC KDC80L

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been using SPP with Bluetooth for years to capture 1D and 2D barcodes but am unable to capture barcodes with the Koamtac KDC80L as it uses SPP with BLE. Using the BLE Example App, I am able to connect to the device but cannot figure out how to capture the scanned barcode using the SPP BLE profile. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

https://koamtac.com/bluetooth-barcode-scanners/kdc80-bluetooth-barcode-scanner/

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your input and that is what I thought but this scanner is different from the many I have implemented in the past as it will only connect using the BLE example and does not connect through classic Bluetooth using the bluetooth address. I also have no problem pairing. I am going to try connecting as a BLE device and then see if the AsyncStreams will capture the barcode. I was hoping someone else had tested but will update my results when finished.

Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
No success trying to connect the device with BLE and then trying to use SPP. The device definitely connects to the scanner but when I try the code below to start the Serial Communication Serial_Connected (success As Boolean) reports false unlike when I use a classic bluetooth scanner. Spoke with Koamtac and they confirmed that the KDC uses SPP but does use BLE and not classic Bluetooth. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Code:
manager.Connect2(Id, False) 
serial1.Connect(Id)
T.Initialize("Timer", 5000)

Upvote 0