B4J Question Browser-based B4J clients

Dave G

Licensed User
I've been working with VueJS and BANano for the past few months. Have learned a lot and been able to port an app I developed using B4X and previously Xamarin that was targeted at Android and iOS. The app was published two years ago on Google Play and Apple App Store (called winch calc, free). I've been able to port it using VueJS and BANano B4J as a means of learning each development product and how they work within a browser.

I would be willing to document my journey if there's much interest (it will take a lot of time to compose). I would document VueJS and BANano and how they relate to typical B4X apps that specifically target Android, iOS, etc. As well as my perception of strengths and weaknesses. In addition, I'll document an abstracted user input framework I developed that handles most common data entry edits e.g. range checking, minimum and maximum text length, required, numeric only, etc. and provides feedback to user when edits fail.

I'll also document experiments using HTTP/Rest and Web Sockets to communicate with B4J servers. BANano has a project template that allows implementation of browser-based client and B4j server in the same project! I've developed an interface between server and client that allows multiple datasets with different contents (e.g. Order Header, Order Items) in one concise packet.

Anyway, if interested please respond and include a brief mention of what your interested in.

Thanks

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Dave, go ahead mate. Interesting concept you have here.

The VueJS implementation I did is not full however it just gets one up and running and there is areas of improvements. So personally I have a lot of vested interest in what you are doing and open to learning.

When I stated my aspirations were not just about limiting the library to the forum, perhaps that's why it's broader so that anyone who also has experience with Vuetify does not find it lacking on the core.

I love that in most cases one does not have to write a single line of code to do their UI. At the same time I come to understand that people love siting and coding by typing and not necessarily drag and drop. It has that different type of satisfaction that brings to it.

I would love to learn and am sure others would love to learn too what your experience and explorations can bring.

One of my bucket list things is react. I want to master that at some stage and hopefully with Banano also. Will give myself time though. It's an exciting world.

All the best..

Above all else thanks for the openness of sharing what's beneath your hair.

Upvote 0

Dave G

Licensed User
Thanks all. I'm going to give it some thought as to how to deliver the information. I'm thinking several short-ish posts with same heading and a suffix about post's topic. I know from my own experience that too much and too many topics in a post can be dissuasive.

Upvote 0