iOS Question Build mode and provision file problem

luc-dev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I just upgraded from B4i 2.80 to 3.01 and tried to update my app but I have some problems with my certificate and provision files.
B4i is running on parallel VM with Xcode 8.1.
Build server was updated to 3.01
I didn't have any problem with the 2.8 version and Xcode 7 (Not sur for the Xcode version). The App is already on AppStore.

Now, every time I try to compile the app (in debug mode), I have an error message related to missing signing certificate for distribution.

It seems the selected build mode is always "Release" even in debug mode. I tried to build the B4iBridge with the same issue.

Compilation is OK when I use the release (for Appstore) provision file but then I'm unable to install the bridge or my app for debugging...

I tried to delete all certificate/provision with Xcode, then load them again...same problem.

Here is the setting when building the Bridge:

B4X:
   #CertificateFile: ios_development.cer
   #ProvisionFile: MyAppdev.mobileprovision

#Region  Project Attributes
    #ApplicationLabel: B4i Example
    #Version: 1.0.0
    'Orientation possible values: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight and PortraitUpsideDown
    #iPhoneOrientations: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight
    #iPadOrientations: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight, PortraitUpsideDown
    #Target: iPhone, iPad
    #MinVersion: 7
#End Region

and the error message:

B4X:
B4i version: 3.01
Parsing code.    (0.00s)
Compiling code.    (0.02s)
Building designer app.    (0.01s)
Building Xcode project    (0.04s)
Sending data to remote compiler.    Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = armv7
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/MyName/Documents/Developpement/MyB4I/macserver_30/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
    OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
    PRODUCT_NAME = B4i-Bridge
    PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 5eb79d98....

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies
Provisioning profile "myappdev" doesn't include signing certificate "iPhone Distribution: MyCompany(4...L)".
Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.1'

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    Check dependencies
(1 failure)

Am I missing something ?
Thanks for your help

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no difference between release mode and debug mode regarding to the certificates and provision profiles.

I tried to delete all certificate/provision with Xcode, then load them again...same problem.
Don't use Xcode to manage the keys. Delete the keys in the online developer console and follow this tutorial: Creating a certificate and provisioning profile

Upvote 0

luc-dev

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried again to modify the provision files in the dev console, without changing the certificate files, with the same results.

I finally deleted all certificates and provision files from the account (I was quite afraid to lose the ability to update the existing AppStore App, but it doesn't seem to be the case) and create the cert and prov from scratch (with same parameters as the previous ones).

It works now!

I was able to build and install the bridge and my app for debugging
Well, I really don't know why...as I didn't change the settings

Thanks Erel for your advices

Upvote 0