iOS Question Build/Release/Test with local builder

lePeKa

Licensed User
Hello everybody 🖖,

I've just started out with B4i. So far, I'm confident to have everything in place, but the pieces just don't fit together yet. So I'm asking for your help!

Here are my setup details

Devices

iPhone SE 2022, iOS 15.4.1
iPad Air 6th gen, iOS 15.4.1

Account​

Apple Developer Account paid and set up.

Provisioning Profiles & Certificates​

I've created 2 provisioning profiles & 2 certificates for Development & Deployment as described in Dummies Guide to getting started with B4i:
Development Cert + Development Provisioning Profile, UUIDs of iPhone & iPad are set up (I could re-check/re-created though).
AppStore Deployment Cert + Provisioning Profile set up.

B4i IDE (Windows 10) and B4i Build Server​

Bought a few days ago. The mail said: B4i (iOS) v7.80 Standard. The Build server output says
Build Server:
Build server version: 7.5
Mac version: 10.16
Xcode path: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
Xcode version: 13.2
jvm 11.0.2+9

Mac / XCode / misc​

MacBook Air with MacOS Monterey 12.3.1
XCode 13.2
Apple Configurator 2 installed

I've followed threads like the above (and some others) in the forums and managed to install the b4i-Bridge on both devices. I can use the bridge with IDE + Visual Designer.
However, I don't even get the simplest App to run on the devices in compiled state.

I thought that with a paid account, I would be able to use my apps via Apple Configurator without pushing them to store. But whenever Apple Configurator auto-installs the app or I drop it to the cable-connected iOS-device, the Icons seems odd (having a small cloud symbol next to the name) and when started states with an error, that the app-creator could not be verified. Is there a way to let my devices know, that I do have a full-paid Apple Developer account (installing certificates?).

Basically said: I want to test my (really, really small apps) without having the phone connected to the Mac for a few days and make sure they really work, before pushing them to the store.

Does anyone have an idea? I can provide Output/Logs when necessary (but don't have them at hand right now). I find it quite confusing to bring all these bits and pieces together. There are just a lot of options, and I'm a little lost at the moment.

Thank you!

Solution
I've created 2 provisioning profiles & 2 certificates for Development & Deployment as described in Dummies Guide to getting started with B4i:
Development Cert + Development Provisioning Profile, UUIDs of iPhone & iPad are set up (I could re-check/re-created though).
This is a mistake.
You should follow this tutorial: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...icate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/#content
You should have a single certificate file.

If you were able to install B4i-Bridge then you are 98% set. Make sure that 64 bit is selected in the builder settings?

Are you able to run the app when it is compiled in release mode: Alt + T + B + R ?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a mistake.
You should follow this tutorial: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...icate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/#content

If you were able to install B4i-Bridge then you are 98% set. Make sure that 64 bit is selected in the builder settings?

Are you able to run the app when it is compiled in release mode: Alt + T + B + R ?

Upvote 0
Solution

lePeKa

Licensed User
This is a mistake.
Okay. I was not aware of that. Going to work around it somehow.

Yes, 64bit. Glad to hear! 👍

I definitely have not been able. However, in the meantime I went over some notes of mine from other programming tutorials (AppGameKit). Then I remembered that I had been able to run AGK-Games with an AdHoc-Profile in the past. Back then I only had a 7-day development certificate, but for this time-span, the apps ran.

So I've created a AnHoc-Profile again and now Alt + T + B + R compiles the app and pushes it to the phone with Apple Configurator 2. 🎆

So my assumption is:
1) If I want to quick-test/debug & have visual designer in Place, I use b4i-bridge
2) If I want to beta-test on my configured test-devices, I use the AdHoc-Provisioning profile (which I will use the next weeks).
2) If I want to deploy the final app to the Apple Appstore, I'll use the Distribution/Store-Provising Profile to compile the IPA and then upload it to Apple/Testflight.

Right?

Upvote 0