iOS Question Building B4i-Bridge: Store provision profile can only be used in Release compilation

Sorin Pohontu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm trying to use B4i-Bridge on an iPhone 5 and the app is not starting (didn't start it for more than a year). So, I'm trying to build B4i-Bridge App and I do get this error:

B4X:
B4i Version: 6.80
Parsing code.    (0.01s)
Building folders structure.    (0.03s)
Compiling code.    (0.08s)
Building designer app.    (0.01s)
Building Xcode project    (0.22s)
Sending data to remote compiler.    Error
Store provision profile can only be used in Release compilation.

Notes:
- I can build the app without errors in any Build configuration
- I did regenerate today the certificate (Certificate Type: iOS Distribution) and provision profile (Type:Ad hoc) for specified App ID and Device.

Any clues ? :)

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
provision profile (Type:Ad hoc) for specified App ID and Device.
B4-i Bridge app requires separate App Id, which ends with a wildcard. Provision file should use exactly it.

From https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/installing-b4i-bridge-and-debugging-first-app.45871/.
Compilation errors:
1. First follow the steps in this tutorial: http://www.b4x.com/android/fo...a-certificate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/
2. Make sure that the App Id ends with a wildcard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sorin Pohontu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

After a few tests, I have realized that the problem arise because I have 2 .mobileprovision files in my keys folder and the compiler is picking the wrong one.
Although in my project there are definitions for #ProvisionFile, these are ignored when compiling B4-i Bridge app.

B4X:
#If RELEASE
    #CertificateFile: ios_distribution.cer
    #ProvisionFile:   distribution.mobileprovision
#Else
    #CertificateFile: ios_distribution.cer
    #ProvisionFile:   development.mobileprovision
#END IF

The solution is to temporary move distribution.mobileprovision outside of the key folder when compiling B4-i Bridge.

Maybe @Erel can take a look at this.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Sorin Pohontu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tip: no reason to use a development provision profile. Debug mode has nothing to do with development profile.

As I did know, I have to use an Ad Hoc Provisioning Profile for Development and an App Store Profile for Distribution.
Am I right ? :)

Upvote 0