iOS Question Building B4iBridge (Horrible experience)

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone, i've done this before and i remember giving me the same headache only this time i can't even build the B4iBridge, i get the following error, even though i've followed Erel's tutorials to the letter, i've deleted and re-created the mobile provision file, the certificate file like 5 different times and I still get the following error, by the way i am using a local mac server on my Mac.
B4i Version: 6.00
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Building folders structure. (0.03s)
Compiling code. (0.00s)
Building designer app. (0.01s)
Building Xcode project (0.27s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = armv7 arm64
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Developer: Walter Flores (J57ZKS4W56)
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/walter.flores/Downloads/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i-Bridge
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 7033788c-e2f8-495f-8cb0-796d991c46d8

note: Using new build system
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description
error: Missing private key for signing certificate. Failed to locate the private key matching certificate "iPhone Developer: Walter Flores (J57ZKS4W56)" in the keychain. To sign with this signing certificate, install its private key in your keychain. If you don't have the private key, select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY in the build settings editor. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')
error: Provisioning profile "provision" has app ID "nfc.*", which does not match the bundle ID "com.genesis.nfc". (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

Error: 2019-10-12 23:46:41.491 xcodebuild[20727:222230] [MT] iPhoneConnect: <DVTiOSDevice (0x7f831e40e410), svc-aw-library - G6VVLEMTJCLH, iPhone, 13.1.2 (17A861), 7d77c782a8bfa8d278b54b25af40a90173c41be4> == Underlying device preparation errors ==
2019-10-12 23:46:41.491 xcodebuild[20727:222230] [MT] iPhoneConnect: <DVTiOSDevice (0x7f831e40e410), svc-aw-library - G6VVLEMTJCLH, iPhone, 13.1.2 (17A861), 7d77c782a8bfa8d278b54b25af40a90173c41be4> -- Failed _shouldMakeReadyForDevelopment check even though device is not locked by passcode.
Domain: com.apple.platform.iphoneos
Code: 5
Failure Reason: allowsSecureServices: 1. isConnected: 0. Platform: <DVTPlatform:0x7f831962dd10:'com.apple.platform.iphoneos':<DVTFilePath:0x7f831962dc90:'/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform'>>. DTDKDeviceIdentifierIsIDID: 0
--
2019-10-12 23:46:41.491 xcodebuild[20727:222230] [MT] iPhoneConnect: <DVTiOSDevice (0x7f831e40e410), svc-aw-library - G6VVLEMTJCLH, iPhone, 13.1.2 (17A861), 7d77c782a8bfa8d278b54b25af40a90173c41be4> == END: Underlying device preparation errors ==
** BUILD FAILED **
Why does this damn thing continue to tell me that the bundle id is com.genesis.nfc when the bundle id in my application is nfc.test, what in the world is this?
I am very frustrated as you guys can tell, I mean i don't think things are supposed to be this difficult.
Here's a picture of what my package name is set to.
packagenamewindow.PNG

I created a wild card identifier as instructed in Erel's video, i set the identifier to nfc.* created a new certificate and chose the iOS Distribution (App Store and Ad Hoc) option, uploaded the created csr file and downloaded the ios_distribution.cer file and placed it in the folder that i set the path to in the IDE, then i created the provision file choosing the app ID that i created which is nfc.* downloaded the provision file placed in the proper folder as the ios_distribution_cer file, I must have done this at least 4 times, and i still receive the above error, WTH!!. What am I doing wrong?
I can connect just fine to the local mac server and i have not changed the package name of my project, right now all I want is to be able to install the B4iBridge on a new iphone, by the way I did register the new iPhone so i doubt that would be the problem.
I am using BuildServer version 5.8 by the way and b4i version 6.0

Any advice, suggestion, anyone?

Thanks,
Walter

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
Remove all keys from the folder and generate new ones. Repeat the entire procedure for creating the certificate.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Provisioning profile "provision" has app ID "nfc.*", which does not match the bundle ID "com.genesis.nfc"
The error is quite clear. If the app id is set to nfc.* then the package name must start with nfc. For example: nfc.app

OK, I've managed to be able to build the B4iBridge app again, do i need to create another certificate file if I want to test the app i'm working on, or can I use the same one I created to be able to install the B4iBridge app?
You can use the same one.

The last error you uploaded is a new error related to Xcode 11. It is not yet clear what causes it and it doesn't happen on all Macs. I recommend using Xcode 10 for now.
It failed to copy or find some of the projects files.
You can find Xcode 10 here: https://developer.apple.com/download/more/
Once you download it you need to set it as the default Xcode with:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/mac-builder-error.83287/#post-527827

Make sure to restart the build server afterwards.

Alternatively you can use the hosted builder for now. If needed contact [email protected] and we will send you a temporary account. The Xcode 11 issue will probably be solved next week.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The error is quite clear. If the app id is set to nfc.* then the package name must start with nfc. For example: nfc.app

You can use the same one.

The last error you uploaded is a new error related to Xcode 11. It is not yet clear what causes it and it doesn't happen on all Macs. I recommend using Xcode 10 for now.
It failed to copy or find some of the projects files.
You can find Xcode 10 here: https://developer.apple.com/download/more/
Once you download it you need to set it as the default Xcode with:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/mac-builder-error.83287/#post-527827

Make sure to restart the build server afterwards.

Alternatively you can use the hosted builder for now. If needed contact [email protected] and we will send you a temporary account. The Xcode 11 issue will probably be solved next week.
Hi Erel, thanks for the explanation, I finally was able to compile and build the b4ibridge, i also was able to run one of the apps, but i noticed that for every app i have to keep changing the user_id otherwise I'll keep getting errors. If I decide to go with the hosted builder will I be able to use an NFC library I'm working on, the reason I'm doing this is because I need to be able to write to an NFC tag, and with the current iOS version 13 this is now possible, so I need to first be able to wrap a library, I k know you already have an NFC library but only to read tags.

Please let me know, I really don't mind buying the membership for the hosted builder if it will work for my purpose.

Thanks again.
Walter

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
Remove all keys from the folder and generate new ones. Repeat the entire procedure for creating the certificate.
I have already done this 5 times.

Upvote 0