Android Question CameraEX class CaptureSize

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, i have been working on an app here at work which requires to test two cameras placed on a device we are working on, i have been able to get everything to work, at first i was using the Camera2 API, but i was seeing a rare problem where the preview was showing with a pinkish/purplish layer.
I have switched back to using the Native Camera library and i have been able to get everything to work just fine, the preview looks normal, the only problem is that when I take a picture, the picture comes out very dark and with the pinkish/purplish layer on top, is there a way to set the capturesize using the native Camera library just like there is in the Camera2 library?

Any ideas as to why the taken picture would come out very dark and with the pinkish layer on top?

Thanks,
Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Call CamEx.GetSupportedPictureSizes to get the supported sizes.

Set the picture size with CamEx.SetPictureSize.
I tried every single supported picture size available but for some reason the picture taken is still very dark and with the pinkish layer on top, what's interesting is that the preview image looks normal, live colors etc. is only when I take the picture that the image seems to freeze for a second and the preview image turns to the pinkish image and then the taken picture comes out dark and pinkish.

Any ideas?

Walter

Upvote 0