Android Question CameraExClass module don't works under old Android version (2.2) ?

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I tried to run CameraExClass exemple on a small smartphone (only 1 camera) under Android 2.2 and it failed.
I tried also to make a new app with the CameraExClass module on the same smartphone, it failed also.

Error messages :
LogCat connected to: B4A-Bridge: Samsung GT-I5510-356368041246647
cameraexclass_findcamera (B4A line: 46)
cameraInfo = r.CreateObject("android.hardware.Camera$CameraInfo")
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: android.hardware.Camera$CameraInfo
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: android.hardware.Camera$CameraInfo
at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.reflection.Reflection.classforname(Reflection.java:170)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.reflection.Reflection.CreateObject(Reflection.java:238)

I know that it is not always possible for B4a to keep compatibility with all old versions of systems, but many users have yet old smartphones.

Would there be a way that CameraExClass module works on both new systems and old systems (to have only one app)?

Thank you for your help or any explanation.
DOM

sirjo66

Licensed User
Longtime User
CameraExClass works on Android 2.3+, it don't works on 2.2

I had the same problem with my customers, but I have not found a solution, so my customers have update the devices

Sergio

Upvote 0

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, if CameraExClass works on Android 2.3 it will be enough for my users.
Thank you Sergio.
DOM.

Upvote 0

sirjo66

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app with CameraExClass working on a LG-E400 phone device with OS 2.3.6

Upvote 0

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This discussion gave me a push and I managed to make the cctv work with 2.2 android - without the camex, just the camera library, not using the additional properties.
I copied sub PreviewImageToJpeg from the camex and put it to the application as is.

Upvote 0