Android Question Can I avoid the toast message in Kiosk mode?

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Almost certainly - just look at the code, Module Activity_Keypress - it should be in there... comment it out

Upvote 0

Andrew Webb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks eps. There isn't a Module for Activity_Keypress. I searched the code and the message that comes up isn't in the sample code ("App is pinned: Unpinning isn't allowed on this device."). I'm guessing the message is coming from the Administrator library. Should I be editing this library? or something else?

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm.... After digging around a little there is this... Android "Kiosk mode" tutorial

Which might help - someone has altered the Administrator library, so it is possible - I guess you'd have to go digging around in the code and see if you could generate a new jar

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Andrew Webb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
DonManfred, I found the reference to the Immersive Mode example and used the code there to hide the Nav bar. The back button is still available by swiping up but overall the interface is cleaner and it makes that toast message a bit harder to trigger. Thanks! :)

Immersive mode example is here for anyone else with the same issue:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/immersive-mode-hide-the-navigation-bar.90882/

Upvote 0