Android Question Can i modidy the alias name when creating sigh key

raaiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

now the problem i meet is it seems that when creating private sigh key on b4a ,the alias name has been fixed to b4a right?at in some situtation i want the alias name to be the same as my generated store key name.so how can i do it?
i try to ust keytool to generate a keystore file and import it to b4a,but it has compile error say "jarsigner: 找不到b4a的证书链。b4a必须引用包含私有密钥和相应的公共密钥证书链的有效 KeyStore 密钥条目。"
so is there any way i can fix this issue?

thanks

raaiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not possible to change the alias when you create a key. Only when you load an existing key.

Why do you need to change it?
Because there is an ads package need to add to my app and sigh the new app with my keystore again,but it failed.the error is just like "jarsigner: 找不到b4a的证书链。b4a必须引用包含私有密钥和相应的公共密钥证书链的有效 KeyStore 密钥条目。" i search from web and someone said alias and keystore must use the same name to avoid that problem.such as generate mykey.keystore,then named alias name as mykey.keystore.i do like that using keytool to get mykey.keystore,then i export my app sighing with this keystore file in eclipse,after that adding ads package and sigh again successfully.
so i think the result is alias name must be the same with keystore name.

Upvote 0

raaiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
i did a further research about this question,i found that it's not about alias,but the keyalg,if i use RSA as the keyalg,even if the alias name is a different name,i can resigh it successfully.since b4a is using DSA,it failed everytime.
i will do a further research and i know little about RSA and DSA yet.

Upvote 0