Android Question Can't connect to B4A-Bridge

Topwiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't used B4A for several years and now that I have a new laptop, I decided to install it and write something.

I added the phone IP address displayed by B4A-Bridge. I get these messages repeated continuously:

B4A-Bridge: Trying to connect...
B4A-Bridge: (samsung SM-S908U1): Connected

Laptop:
Windows 11 Home
B4A 12.20 (64 bit)

Phone:
Samsung S22 Ultra (SM-S908U1)
B4A-Bridge v2.65

I can connect to the phone when using 'WiFi FTP Server' on the phone and an FTP client on the laptop.

Also, there is no way to edit or delete an IP once it is added. The B4A IDE should allow editing/deleting an IP. At one time I was able to connect to B4A-Bridge using an FTP client but that was a different phone, a different laptop, and a different router. I replaced the Comcast provided router with a Motorola MG8702.

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello... Maybe a firewall or anti-virus program is blocking the connection...

Upvote 0

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
As the Ultra is a brand new phone, maybe the security settings in the advanced -> developer tabs dont allow this ?
Maybe the (Fort) Knox is guilty ? ;-)

Upvote 0

Topwiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I added inbound and outbound rules in Windows Defender Firewall to b4a.exe and that didn't help.
I have no problems using the FTP Server app so what is preventing B4A from connecting is a mystery.

Upvote 0

Topwiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I contacted Motorola support and they had me add a forwarding rule. B4A still cannot connect to B4A-Bridge. Here is my router's web interface:

1680813589873.png

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Are your phone and you pc in same LAN?
Also, there is no way to edit or delete an IP once it is added. The B4A IDE should allow editing/deleting an IP.
The ip is in file b4xV5.ini
you can add, delete and edit. it is in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\Basic4androidi

Upvote 0

Topwiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
My phone and laptop are both connected to my home network.
I had found the ini file. It would be nice if it could be deleted from the menu.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Could you post a phone screenshot and IDE screenshot?

Upvote 0

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
The problem iz in B4A Designer apk which must be installed on first connection to B4A bridge. You probably backed up apps and data from your old phone to your new one. In that example, only data was transferred from the B4A designer, but not the application itself, and B4A recognizes that you have an application, but in fact there is none. It was the same case with me.

The solution is to install B4A designer apk manually in your new device. I am attaching the B4ADesigner apk file.

Attachments

• B4A Designer_9.50.apk
    331.6 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0