Android Question Can't get MobileAds_Ready event

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I realized that my app is not triggering mobileads_ready event anymore. I have checkconsentandaddads sub in the code, that sub is triggered, I check via logs but it doesnt get pass the waitfor mobileads_ready.

Is there any way to log what is the problem like mobileads_error ?

edit: I cleared everything on activity create, starter class etc. It is not working. I am going nuts..

Thanks
B4X:
Private Sub CheckConsentAndAddAds
    Log("here") ' this is triggered
    Dim m As MobileAds
    Wait For (m.Initialize) MobileAds_Ready
    LogColor("After MobileAds_Ready", Colors.Magenta)
    '    builder.AddTestDevice("C2636212A08D5A3629DC75E8D1810196")
        Dim jo As JavaObject
jo.InitializeStatic("com.google.android.gms.ads.MobileAds")
jo.RunMethod("setAppMuted", Array(True))

m.SetConfiguration(m.CreateRequestConfigurationBuilder(Array("C2636212A08D5A3629DC75E8D1810196"))) 'optional. Array with test device ids. See unfiltered logs to find correct id.

'    ads.ResetConsentStatus
'    ads.SetConsentDebugParameters("C2636212A08D5A3629DC75E8D1810196", True) 'same id as above

If ads.GetConsentStatus = "UNKNOWN" Then
        Wait For (ads.RequestConsentInformation(False)) Complete (Success As Boolean)
    End If
    If ads.GetConsentStatus = "REQUIRED" And ads.GetConsentFormAvailable Then
        Wait For (ads.ShowConsentForm) Complete (Success As Boolean)
    End If
'    Log("Consent: " & ads.GetConsentStatus)
    LoadAd
End Sub

Last edited:

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
an update: If I remove wait for mobileads_ready and instead insert sleep(1500), the code works. So somehow, mobileads_ready is not trigerred although it is initialized. Why can this happen ? ( If I dont use sleep, as m is not yet initialized. it doesnt log the consent status so with sleep it works.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was calling it from the activity_create. I moved it to starter service to test, I am not waiting for the event to fire, but this time it works because Δ±t logs the consent status. The example of Jack Cole for activity based apps calls it from the create and it works good.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…