Android Question Can't publish apk due to warnings Unoptimized APK

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all ,

I am trying to publish an apk on Play Store but these warnings stopped me . I read in a thread in this forum that these are just warnings and one can proceed but in my case I can't and the button "START ROLLOUT .. " is disabled
My apk file size is 1.22 MB.

Unoptimized APK
Warning:

This APK results in unused code and resources being sent to users. Your app could be smaller if you used the Android App Bundle. By not optimizing your app for device configurations, your app is larger to download and install on users' devices than it needs to be. Larger apps see lower install success rates and take up storage on users' devices.

Resolution:

Use the Android App Bundle to automatically optimize for device configurations, or manage it yourself with multiple APKs.

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are right , I did not complete a lot of required information I thought google would let me test my app without all these stuff :D

Upvote 0

kuosda

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi somed3v3loper

Can you tell me how you solved it?
I also encountered the same problem but did not have any prompts only the #1 message and could not be submitted.

apk = 2.8 mb

Last edited:
Upvote 0

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi somed3v3loper

Can you tell me how you solved it?
I also encountered the same problem but did not have any prompts only the #1 message and could not be submitted.

apk = 2.8 mb
Hi kuosda ,
Just make sure you fill all required data
Check all the links on the left of page

Upvote 0

kuosda

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi somed3v3loper
So being able to upload an APK and not being able to post it is caused by the incomplete filling of the left setting page.
Isn't the APK itself wrong?
Can you tell me the last action I uploaded while ignoring the warning?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
you can skip some warning,

First check the left side of your dashboard, you will see in green when you filled all the questions asked.

check the left side of your dashboard
aaa.jpg

other option to help, is if you can show us what you are doing

Upvote 0

kuosda

Licensed User
Longtime User
Because uploading google play is the supervisor using the company account to upload,
If the supervisor is unable to upload feedback to me the wrong message,
However, after the APK is uploaded, the warning page of #1 does not appear to be submitted,
So I don't know now that the APK itself has errors or the information on the submitted page is missing.

Upvote 0

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi somed3v3loper
So being able to upload an APK and not being able to post it is caused by the incomplete filling of the left setting page.
Isn't the APK itself wrong?
Can you tell me the last action I uploaded while ignoring the warning?
For me , it was just the missing required data
The apk file was fine

Upvote 0

kuosda

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi Erel
I know you mentioned this.
APK is already uploaded but cannot be submitted
So I don't know now that my apk package information is missing or the submission information is missing because there is no message except the #1 warning.

Upvote 0

sathiyam2k

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I had the same issue (due to incomplete info/screenshots).
Once completed those missed items, Able to publish (ignoring the warning). Thanks

Upvote 0