Share My Creation Catapult. A physics game like Angry Birds for Android

Cellebrating the 50K downloads reached, I've updated the game to version 3.0, with a new episode and a new aiming system.

So here it is.
After half a year of hard work finally I've released my first game:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninjagames.catapult

The gameplay is similar to Angry Birds where you have to smash your enemies down with a stone. This one is set in medieval time with eye-catching 2D cartoon graphic.
Knock out all the knights in each level within limited moves to pass the level. The fewer moves you use, the higher the score you will get.
With the money you win you can buy awesome powerups at the shop, like bombs, mega-stones or multi stones.

Here a video of the game in action

My future plans for this one is divide the levels into episodes, or chapters. More graphics, enemies...

I hope you like it:)

Attachments

• iconoAzul4.png
    iconoAzul4.png
    127 KB · Views: 6,821
  • Screenshot_2016-05-02-16-38-44.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-02-16-38-44.png
    297.3 KB · Views: 2,136
  • Screenshot_2016-05-01-19-51-01.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-01-19-51-01.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 1,034
  • Screenshot_2016-05-01-19-53-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-01-19-53-14.png
    324.1 KB · Views: 1,212
Last edited:

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
Installed it today on Oukitel K10000, played till box 32 in one shot. Amazing game: I have forgot AB and forgot that I was shooting humans too (no violence). Great

But one thing I dislike is this (I can't remember if AB acts like this or not)!: sometimes actions continue at the right of the screen when coming back to the left to prepare the next stone. This is understandable for the game play but it should be more easy to swipe the screen if we want to see what happens at the right. Why spending a lot of time to compute nice actions (like breaking necks) if we don't see them? :-D

Last edited:

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks guys!
Those reviews help a lot.
Hello,
Installed it today on Oukitel K10000, played till box 32 in one shot. Amazing game: I have forgot AB and forgot that I was shooting humans too (no violence). Great

But one thing I dislike is this (I can't remember if AB acts like this or not)!: sometimes actions continue at the right of the screen when coming back to the left to prepare the next stone. This is understandable for the game play but it should be more easy to swipe the screen if we want to see what happens at the right. Why spending a lot of time to compute nice actions (like breaking necks) if we don't see them? :-D

Yeah, I think the camera algoritm needs more fine tuning. The camera travels automatically to the catapult after few seconds. I'd put that if in this time a hit happens, I add more time until the camera travels to the catapult again. So if there is some "action" the camera stays focusing the action.

Now I've managed to make the levels with tiled, so it's a lot easier now for me to add levels. I think I'll add another 40 levels into a second chapter. So you'll have chapters to choose, with different backgrounds and more stuff... let's see if I can have it ready for the next week (I only have to find time to do it!)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Appodeal provides admob intestitial and adcolony rewarded videos?

is there an example how to integrate it in b4a?

thank you

Last edited:

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, Appodeal integrates Admob (this one is mandatory, you have to link your admob account) and many other networks like adcolony, unity, facebook, amazon... It's so easy to integrate. They have an official SDK in their site, with a working example for b4A and instructions on how to use it.
They also have a live chat where you can ask them anything, they're too fast at response.

damianccs

Seems a great work but I cant play it in my old Samsung Galaxy.

This message appeared when I opened the App:

"Error occurred
An error has occurred in sub:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
setSystemUiVisibitlity
Continue?"
Yes/No

The initial music is excecuted and I can see the first image of the game in the back but this message dont dissapear. The screen turns to landscape automatically.
Installed from Google Play to a Samsung GT-S5570L Android version 2.3.6

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User

I've updated to a new version (1.03) taking care of this. You can take the level 10 to test (the "domino" level) the camera will be focusing the action if a hit happens.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@melonZgz : thanks. I do confirm that it seems more natural like this. You have made a fantastic work because it is not boring at all while we are waiting for the action to finish. :)

Edit: possible bug, level 13. I had a TNT on the catapult. I have pressed twice quickly on it before it was sent. The level completed without any action shown

Last edited:

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@melonZgz since this morning, the interstitial seems to be always the same (for information only)

Edit: working normally now

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was looking for the game on play based on the name and found a simular game also with knights altho they look to the player and yours focuses to the catapult.
The theme is the same but I didn't play it tho so I can't compare if it plays the same.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tufat.catapultlite

that one has a lot of installs, hopefully yours will too :)

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent game... Well Done.

As a point of interest I found going through Adbuddiz better than Appodeal.

Cheers
Brian

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems a great work but I cant play it in my old Samsung Galaxy.

This message appeared when I opened the App:

"Error occurred
An error has occurred in sub:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
setSystemUiVisibitlity
Continue?"
Yes/No

The initial music is excecuted and I can see the first image of the game in the back but this message dont dissapear. The screen turns to landscape automatically.
Installed from Google Play to a Samsung GT-S5570L Android version 2.3.6

I'll try to get a device with Android 2.3, as I've never tested it in anything lower than 4.1...

@melonZgz : thanks. I do confirm that it seems more natural like this. You have made a fantastic work because it is not boring at all while we are waiting for the action to finish. :)

Edit: possible bug, level 13. I had a TNT on the catapult. I have pressed twice quickly on it before it was sent. The level completed without any action shown

Does it happen too often? A friend of mine has told me something similar. It's related to tapping the catapult too fast. I've never been able to reproduce it!

I was looking for the game on play based on the name and found a simular game also with knights altho they look to the player and yours focuses to the catapult.
The theme is the same but I didn't play it tho so I can't compare if it plays the same.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tufat.catapultlite

that one has a lot of installs, hopefully yours will too :)

Mobile games is a cruel world. I've seen very good games with almost no downloads and crappy games with a million! There are too many factors involved besides the quality of the game itself.
Now I have 250 installs, 50~60 installs a day for the last 3 days... not bad but I'm thinking now about a paid campaign in facebook to give the game a little more impulse.

Excellent game... Well Done.

As a point of interest I found going through Adbuddiz better than Appodeal.

Cheers
Brian

Thinking about this right now. The interstitals look far better than any other network, wich is ideal for a game. Their SDK is lightweight and has an official plugin for B4A. Maybe I'll give it a try, beacuse now with appodeal my eCPM is toooooo low (maybe because the game is less than a week old, but I'm getting about $0.2 eCPM, wich is nothing for 400 impressions a day)

Last edited:

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does it happen too often? A friend of mine has told me something similar. It's related to tapping the catapult too fast. I've never been able to reproduce it!

No it doesn't happen too often. Even knowing how to do, I was not able to reproduce this after more than 100 trials

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working on a big update: Game divided in episodes (or chapters). Each episode will have 40 levels:
c6ea320289.png

And the look of the new levels (still testing the palette):

c6e9e62083.png

Now I'm using tiled to make the levels so I'm going faster. Now I need some inspiration to make more and more challenging levels...