Android Question Chat for Android / iOs / Windows - what is the best communication system?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
To create a chat that allows you to communicate to Android systems, iOs, and Windows desktop systems, which do you think is the most responsive system to use for this application?
Mqtt?
CloudKvs?
jRdc?
Firebase Realtime?
Firebase Messaging?
Other?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As you did mention Windowsplatform FB Realtime and Messaging are OUT.

I guess the best results you´ll get using MQTT

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why you write FB Realtime and Messaging are out on Windows?
Have you seen a Firebase Messaging Libraryy for B4J? No as there is no such feature in Firebase.
Same for Firebase Realtimedatabase. There is no (working) Library available yet. You´ll get Data with using REST but there is no automatically Updates as one would expect when using Realtimedatabase.
The lib available is from 2016 so in fact i do not have the source anymore. I asked Erel to move the Thread to library archive.

Upvote 0

mohammad be

To create a chat that allows you to communicate to Android systems, iOs, and Windows desktop systems, which do you think is the most responsive system to use for this application?
Mqtt?
CloudKvs?
jRdc?
Firebase Realtime?
Firebase Messaging?
Other?
I did with a vsp and using B4J

Upvote 0

mohammad be

Mqtt?
CloudKvs?
jRdc?
Firebase Realtime?
Firebase Messaging?
Other?
Text and picture and voice using websocket
Voice chat using ServerSocket

Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I asked Erel to move the Thread to library archive.

The interfacing between Android / iPhone / Desktop with Firebase I think is one of the most useful and requested features of recent times
May I know why that library was not completed?
Is it very difficult to get it working properly?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
May I know why that library was not completed?
I still did not get it working; even after months of development.
The SDK has changed and the libs needs an update; means i need to rewrite it.
Is it very difficult to get it working properly?
At least i wasn´t able. Basically it works but limited with the content. Firestore is going another, better, way in my thoughts.

Upvote 0