Wish Check if a file exists in a layout.

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I wish that the compile checks if all files in the layout filelist are also present in the IDE filelist.
The background is that the compiler does not give an error message, but some smartphones crash when running the app.
I have a case, in B4a and B4i, that I forgot to delete a bitmap from a layout, but in the IDE the file was deleted.

Thanks already in advance

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I experience this couple of times. And its difficult to track (The Debug information doesnt really point to it)

Usually happens if you copy layout file from one platform example B4A to the other example B4i and you use let say imageview, you added image directly in designer but when you copy the layout, you forget to add that image to the files tab of the other platform.

Using B4XPages (Shared folder) for Assets solves this to some extent

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Usually happens if you copy layout file from one platform example B4A to the other example B4i and you use let say imageview, you added image directly in designer but when you copy the layout, you forget to add that image to the files tab of the other platform.
In my case it is different.
I delete a view in Designer that shows a bitmap, but I forget to delete this bitmap from the filelist.
Back to the IDE, I delete the bitmap from the default filelist. When compiling, the compiler shows no error message. The app also runs without error message from all my test devices.