Android Question Chrono not working

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a program which has been live on multiple Samsung Galaxy tablets for many years. The program relies on the "Chrono" function for part of it's functionality.
Over the past weeks my customer had been updating tablets to Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Android version 9.
The Chrono function does not appear to work on these tablets.
Is there an alternative for the "Chrono" function or is there a workaround?
The program FTP's a few files from a Windows server and the Chrono stops the program continuing until the last of these files has been received but as Chrono does not work the program just hangs.

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
What is "the "Chrono" function"?

In what way does it not work?
Chrono is a timing function which allows the program to "wait" until something external happens. I use it with FTP. I issue multiple FTP's then a Chrono function keeps checking to see if the FTP's have finished. If not they delay the program for a second or 2 to see if the FTP's have completed yet.
I have an olded Galaxy tablet and a new one side by side, each doing the same task. The older one works fine. The newer one seems to just ignore the Chrono subroutine. I have around 200 older tablets which work. Around 30 newer ones (All Samsung Tab A) which fail. It is as if the Chrono subroutine is completely ignored.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Android version 9
As this is a new device and i know you should use a recent B4A Version to get apps working on newer Devices

What B4A Version are you using?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Rogerardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have upgrdaded to the latest version. Chrono still does not work.
Fine on emulator. Fine on older tablets. Fails on newer tablets.
I am trying to program around it.

Upvote 0