Android Question [CLOSED] Code not updated

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by lemonisdead, Jun 22, 2015.

  1. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Hello,

    In wich conditions could a code not being updated inside the generated apk, please ?

    I am referring to that thread and noticed that my code is referring to a service not still used. I have checked my code.

    Many thanks
     
  2. Jmu5667

    Jmu5667 Well-Known Member Licensed User

    check if you are using intents in the manifest file that refer to a service that may not be used anymore.
     
    lemonisdead likes this.
  3. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Of course I did. And there is nothing like that. My code, in the services, seems not to be updated that's all.

    I have :
    - deactivated any other antivirus than Windows Defender
    - deactivated any process manager (software to boost the processes)
    - rebooted the computer
    - uninstalled the app on the phone, rebooted the phone
    - updated the app's version name to be able to check if the apk installed is the one generated (I had the same problem in the past because of an antivirus) : the version's name is updated

    Really I don't understand. That's crazy

    Now I will create a new project and copy/paste the code in its modules
     
  4. Jmu5667

    Jmu5667 Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Very strange !
     
    lemonisdead likes this.
  5. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    The only thing that I can think of is that maybe some of generated Java code files are read-only. Delete all the objects folder (except of the res folder) and see what happens.
     
    Jmu5667 and lemonisdead like this.
  6. sorex

    sorex Expert Licensed User

    I have that sometimes when dropbox starts sync'ing during compile but then B4A reports an error that it can't access certain file.
     
    lemonisdead likes this.
  7. lemonisdead

    lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Hello,
    I do thank you all for your help. Copying/Pasting the code into a new project fixed my issue at first.

    And Erel was right : there was something with the objects folder. Deleting it in the old Project fixed the issue for that project. I do thank you all again for your support
     
    Jmu5667, RandomCoder and DonManfred like this.
  8. Jmu5667

    Jmu5667 Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Cool, erel is always right :)
     
    lemonisdead likes this.
  9. tigrot

    tigrot Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Erel is a master!
     
Loading...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice