Italian Come fate a popolare una Grid ?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Grazie, Straker.

I apologize - my Italian is very poor. The app that Luca put up is only in the Italian forum. (I could have used Google Translate but it does not always provide the correct translation.)

I want a single data base like client server relationship; thus, RDC...

Best regards.

Sandy

We appreciate your efforts with the Italian and you're welcome. :)

Straker

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ja, aber Ich habe Deutsch in der Schule gelernt :D

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
But it is one thing to use English that many of us have studied in school, the other is Italian. Google Translate

Grazie, Luca.

I spent some time in Milan as a business consultant (long ago), but my (and my wife's) favorite city is Roma. I have visited Florence and Venice also.

Did you take a look at post #18? I would love to get confirmation that I am not missing a foundational block and the approach in post #18 is correct.

Best regards.

Sandy

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Luca,

Your English is eccellente, and I am grateful to you for your counsel.

1. My app is to be provided to many distinct business entities, for example, small accounting firms.
2. Some entities or firms will want a multiuser solution while others a single user solution of the app.
3. The SQLite data base is the same format for both the single user as well as the multiuser.
4. The functionality of the app is the same for single user or multiuser.
5. The app will be Android based.

SINGLE USER
The app and the SQLite data base reside on a single Android device. To query and update the data base, the app issues SQL calls.
MULTIUSER
The data base is SQLite and resides on a "server", e.g., a PC running Windows. The app resides in one or more client Android devices. To query and update the data base, the app must use RDC.

I cannot see an alternative other than to have 2 identical sets of data base calls in the app, one SQL based and the other RDC based.

I am asking if there is a more effective solution to achieve the results rather than to have 2 identical sets of data base calls.

Thank you, Luca.

Sandy

Ciao Sandy.

A stand-alone "system" and a client/server system are very different.

Leveraging the RDC, the client performs a remote queries on the server.
Into the stand-alone app you will have the same queries, executed via SQL library commands.

I do not understand what the problem is; You will prepare a number of Queries and "paste" them in the config.properties file in the client/server case, in a code module in the case of the stand-alone app.

Obviously in the case of client/server you will have to handle even concurrency, synchronization, etc.

I do not see another solution.

Probably you can receive a greater number of suggestions by creating a new thread in the Questions forum.

Ciao

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ciao Sandy.

A stand-alone "system" and a client/server system are very different.

Leveraging the RDC, the client performs a remote queries on the server.
Into the stand-alone app you will have the same queries, executed via SQL library commands.

I do not understand what the problem is; You will prepare a number of Queries and "paste" them in the config.properties file in the client/server case, in a code module in the case of the stand-alone app.

Obviously in the case of client/server you will have to handle even concurrency, synchronization, etc.

I do not see another solution.

Probably you can receive a greater number of suggestions by creating a new thread in the Questions forum.

Ciao

Grazie mille, Luca.

I believe that there is no other answer. Based on your knowledge, I consider your reply to be an expert and best practices answer.

No synch needed - DB in one location - local server.
Concurrency: I assume this will handle it:

Per Erel here:
SQLite doesn't support concurrent writings. So it is better to limit the connection pool to a single connection. This means that if there are multiple requests at parallel they will wait for the previous transaction to complete.
To limit the connection pool you need to edit c3p0.properties and add:

c3p0.minPoolSize=1
c3p0.maxPoolSize=1

Migliori saluti.

Sandy