Coming back to B4A

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!

After a very busy time in my life I finally found some time to start programming for Android again.

I have to say that I'm really glad to be back using B4A, even when using an old version (6.31).

I know that many things have changed and new lots features have been added, but in your honest opinion guys, do I really have to upgrade, or can I still release Android apps with the version I have (assuming I'm using the latest Android SDK, Java and a modern Manifest file)?

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I had the 7.8( or 8.0) version I would tell you you can stay quietly without updating. But from version 6.31 the Android news is many and you could not manage it well.
Therefore I would suggest you to update

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Bruno, welcome back buddy.
I did notice that for the last week or two you have been showing up on the Members Online Now section of the forum more than in the past year or two. Actually I was going to message you, I think that I will do that anyway.

I hope that the 4X4 is still running good with no dents on roll marks on the roof lol ;)

You should definitely upgrade to the latest and greatest B4A V9.01.1 package. The improvements have been just incredible and there's a lot to learn too, but you will learn everything with ease as there's lots of resources on the forum about everything.

Oh yes and finish your fighting game, I want to finally play it.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome back! :)
I'm also quite inactive in the forum lately, but always keeping an eye on it so that I don't miss the important -and not so important- things.
Are you currently working on any B4A project?

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope that the 4X4 is still running good with no dents on roll marks on the roof lol
Nah... I've been taking good care of it! ;)

You should definitely upgrade to the latest and greatest B4A V9.01.1 package. The improvements have been just incredible and there's a lot to learn too, but you will learn everything with ease as there's lots of resources on the forum about everything.
Soon I will! I hope the learning cure won't be too steep.

Oh yes and finish your fighting game, I want to finally play it.
I love game but I hate the code!!! I won't dive back into it... It's the work of a madman who couldn't even understand what classes were... :/

Welcome back! :)
I'm also quite inactive in the forum lately, but always keeping an eye on it so that I don't miss the important -and not so important- things.
Thanks!!! :D

Are you currently working on any B4A project?
Yes, I'm working on a Manga (comic book) reader with a few extra features. It supports local files only, for now...
I'm trying to build something as good and comfortable as MangaRock:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.notabasement.mangarock.android.titan&hl=en

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome back :)
I am stuck at 6.5x but still couldn't afford to upgrade
I would upgrade without hesitating if I could