Convert a Java (Android Studio) App into an Android Service

msains

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need an Android Studio Service written (actually just converted) to do a very simple task.

I have an Android Demo App (written in Java in Android Studio by the supplier) to demonstrate that their bitmap converter library we bought actually works. The library is there and it does work in App form.

The Demo App currently asks for Input and Output Paths, reads the Input file from the Input Path, calls a 'convert' method on the (supplied) library and writes the converted file to the output path.

Because I am a complete Java newb - All I need is one of our Community Experts (please) to turn this little Demo App into a callable background 'Service' with no UI at all.

If the Service is able to be called from B4A with (say) CallSubDelayed .... that would be prize 1.

However even if it just sat there (invisibly) looking for a (hard-coded) input path, did the conversion to a (hard-coded) Output-Path and then went back into a timer loop - I'd be very grateful to have even that.

I could pay for the job but I'm not a multi-national - just a modest Developer.
Malcolm

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an Android Demo App (written in Java in Android Studio by the supplier) to demonstrate that their bitmap converter library we bought actually works. The library is there and it does work in App form.
Can you upload the Apps AndroidStudio Project?

If it is to big (500kb+) then upload it on Dropbox and post the Dropboxlink here.

If it contains sensible sources you can start a conversation with me.

msains

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you upload the Apps AndroidStudio Project?

If it is to big (500kb+) then upload it on Dropbox and post the Dropboxlink here.

If it contains sensible sources you can start a conversation with me.

Thanks DonManfred, I'll upload the Android Studio Source and the converson library separately. Its about 70Mb in total.
You will have to be very careful (please) with the Library because it is registered to my client and they are understandably very 'proper' when it comes to handling that kind of thing cleanly and legally.
So I'd prefer to upload that 'registered' part to you personally and not to leave its link on any forum that could be downloaded casually by others.
Please advise