iOS Question Convert B4A app to B4i for $$$

air cover

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've written an Android app in B4A that is published on Google's Play Store which serves as a smartphone remote-control to a hardware circuit that I built.

I don't have the B4i development environment setup on my development PC, don't have a Mac, don't have any sort of Apple developer account, etc.

What path would y'all advise me to take to convert my B4A app to B4i, me own the code, and have someone publish it permanently on Apple's app store as free, no ads, etc?

What's a fair price for such effort on your part?

App is currently called TVtilter, but to see its functionality you need to have a DSD bluetooth relay powered on within 50 yards or so of your test phone. I can mail one to you if we come to some sort of reasonable agreement.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone posted a step-by-step B4a to B4i conversion?
Looking at the screenshots of your app, I'd say it's probably very simple to remake using B4XPages, which in turn would make it a breeze to convert to B4i.

Everything is better with B4XPages.

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone posted a step-by-step B4a to B4i conversion?
you don't need anything special.. your app is super simple, take the example from the forum add your UUID and it will work!!

It is my one, (I use a microcontroller from Nordic Semiconductor, but also have used just simple Bluetooth like yours)

EDIT:
You will need a apple account and b4i licence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
One thing I have learnt with Apple Store is don't offer anything free. Not even for ads Unless
1. Your Ads and in-app purchases can make returns on the annual 99$ developer account
2. Your app works with a device that you will sell, and the device cost can cover the 99$ yearly renewal fee

Upvote 0