Android Question Could not find file: 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\libraries\appcompat.aar'

SPallavi

Hi,

I thought of trying the sliding drawer feature so I downloaded the file from https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-b4xdrawer-sliding-drawer.97828/#content and when I open the file it shows me the error message(Attached below) "An error occurred. Could not find file: 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\libraries\appcompat.aar'". I checked the "Libraries" in the root and it includes "AppCompat.android.aar", "AppCompat.jar" and "AppCompat.xml". I'm not sure whether I configured wrongly or is there any steps I missed. Does anyone faced similar problem? How should I solve this?

Screenshot (104).png

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually it didn't seem to for me. I wanted to run B4A-Bridge from source code and got this error. I downloaded AppCompatLib4_00.zip from
and found that three of the components were already in the B4A Libraries folder (I checked files sizes to make sure they were the same) but appcompat.aar was missing. Copying it to the Libraries folder let B4A_Bridge compile. Where should it have originally come from? I believe that I followed those instructions when I set up B4A.

Upvote 0