Attachments

• forum statistics.png
    forum statistics.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 274

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
inside the Colosseum!
...if we sit on each others' laps. Which, as much as I like youse all, is an opportunity I am happy to miss. I propose MCG instead, still holds (just) over 100,000. Before the fancy refit, could fit 120,000. Spewin! Admittedly, that was mostly Collingwood supporters, but... they still count ;-)

MCG.jpg

Last edited:

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
In fact, here we have some footage from that 120k+ match, and the activity is remarkably similar to forum activity: participants everywhere, topics being handballed, occasional long kicks, sometimes scoring a goal. And I could be mistaken, but I think I even saw Erel with his head in his hands when the ball went the wrong way, and DonManfred shouting something about searching the scoreboard when somebody asked what the score was.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
...if we sit on each others' laps. Which, as much as I like youse all, I'd rather not. I propose MCG instead, still holds (just) over 100,000. Before the fancy refit, could fit 120,000. Spewin! Admittedly, that was mostly Collingwood supporters, but... they still count ;-)
Yes, but in that case I should travel a few more miles.
:D

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Yes, but in that case I should travel a few more miles.
:D
but at least it's downhill (on most maps). Most of us gotta go uphill to get to your place. Still, I guess that'll reduce the numbers to something more manageable, just goes to show: shouldn't worry about problems until they are actually a problem.

Or I guess I could use this map, then (from here) it'll be downhill to your place:

MapDownUnder.jpg

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
We should invite him! If we send 0.00001 each then it Will be enough for a pizza!
Pizza for 1.00? You've got it good... where I live, we'd be lucky to get a half-slice of pizza for that price. Best value we get here are some permanent $1 deals on ice-soft-drinks and coffees (each, not both ;-)

Edit: LucaMs beat me to same conclusion, I think.

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
On a vaguely-related note, we recently got some cash for an upcoming Indonesian holiday... now we are millionaires, 3.5 times over.

One Rupiah is a hundredth of a cent. 100,000 Rupiah banknote is $10. So if we all chip in 1 Rupiah each, we can shout Erel that pizza.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On a vaguely-related note, we recently got some cash for an upcoming Indonesian holiday... now we are millionaires, 3.5 times over.

One Rupiah is a hundredth of a cent. 100,000 Rupiah banknote is $10. So if we all chip in 1 Rupiah each, we can shout Erel that pizza.
So besides us 100,000 watching Erel eat there will also be millions of poor Indonesians :(

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
there will also be millions of poor Indonesians
I've been reading up on travel scams, and I'm a sucker for helping people anyway, so... if you wait a couple of weeks until our holiday is done, many Indonesians will be less poor :-/ (me cf :) everyone I meet)

us 100,000 watching Erel eat
I spent a few minutes trying to find an image of a full stadium watching one person do an everyday activity; closest I found was a groundsman pushing a grass roller. But I do like the concept. Scoreboard being updated. Waterboy running up with a bottle every now and again. Crowd cheering each move. Gameclock counting down.

:)

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User

Not any more its not ... Best I ever got was IDR 10720 about 6 years ago.. Hopeful to get IDR 9500 on an upcoming stopover (Asia Cruise)
Still means those Nectar of the Gods (Bintangs)are still cheap though .. :)

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Pizza for 1.00? You've got it good... where I live, we'd be lucky to get a half-slice of pizza for that price. Best value we get here are some permanent $1 deals on ice-soft-drinks and coffees (each, not both ;-)

Edit: LucaMs beat me to same conclusion, I think.
1? 10...