Android Question Creating a Help File [Closed]

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

A question that has been asked many times before but I am hoping there has been a brilliant break through.
In the past I have just produced a Word Doc and SaveAs HTM. Yes I know it's crude but the combination of Drawing Objects, Text Boxes, and Images just made it too easy.
Now for some unknown reason when I SaveAs HTM the HTM has Drawings and Text boxes sitting over text.

My question is not how to fix the formatting errors but for a hint on a fresh start approach. How do others present instructions to their users?
Is HTM the best option? What is the best way for a complete HTML mug to produce a "HTML Document" as apposed a "Web Page". [I know it's the same thing just a difference in perception.]

Regards Roger
Please don't tell me to use the search, been there.
Please don't tell me to learn more about HTML.

mberthe

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use the "Kompozer" software to generate a help file in HTML format. It is easy to use: it includes a page editor provided with a simple graphical interface of WYSIWYG type and does not require any knowledge of the detail of the HTML format.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another possible solution is to create a video help file by recording the screen with AirDroid, upload to YouTube and add a button to start the YouTube app with this video.

Upvote 0

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another possible solution is to create a video help file by recording the screen with AirDroid, upload to YouTube and add a button to start the YouTube app with this video.
hatzisn,
Yes, possible but probably not the right fit for this instance. Although I will keep it in mind for a different App.

Upvote 0