B4J Question Creating New Index.html

Bachrock

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings, I apologize if I posted this question twice, but it appears that I can't find my posting after it seems I did last night. So here it goes again. I installed the B4J 2.0 software over the weekend and had an opportunity to test out the demos and try some things. Very impressive I can see huge potential for this. Unfortunately I am very green to this whole thing. After I had the HelloWorldApp working both locally on my PC and across the internet using a forwarded port I attempted to customize it some to see how it worked exactly. What I attempted to do was create a new Index.html file using some Web Development software that I have. Pretty simple application that mimicked the original HelloWorld App. Couple text boxes and a Button. I also modified the B4J code to point to the new names I gave to the controls on the form. My intent was to take this file and overwrite the index.html file in the www folder. I did this then I tried to run or serve up the project locally at 127.0.0.1, which is the way I was able to successfully test the other demos. When I did this my new Index.html file was not used, the old original one still came up. Am I missing a pointer or something that needs to be changed or a compile step? My goal was to take this knowledge and start created some more custom forms. However I couldn't even get the simple one to come up. Final question would be how would you go about then making a multi form web site? If I had other pages Page2.html for example, how would I reference the controls in B4J? I may be way off base here on how this works because again I am a newbee to this, so please bear with me.

Thanks....

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that it is a bit difficult to read your post.

The first thing to do is Ctrl + F5 to force the browser to reload the file. Otherwise it may load the previous cached file.

With WebSocket you will usually use a few pages. Each html page is mapped to a single WebSocket class.

See the chat example. It starts with the login page and moves to the chat page.
http://basic4ppc.com:51042/chat/chat.html

[URL='http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/39969/#content'][WebApp] Chatroom - Threads, Sessions and Server events[/URL]

Last edited:
Upvote 0