Cursorposition and Scrolling in editorwindow

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo,

i´m really new in Developing with B4A. So HALLO EVERYBODY

While editing a Project i really often Scroll the window to have a look at other codeparts and then i´ll scroll back to the position my Cursor is actually.

For example:

I have an b4a-File-Length of 200 Lines of code (just an example here)

If my Cursor is actually blinking on Line 100 at Caret-Pos 50 and i use the mousewheel on my mouse... Maybe scrolling to bottom...

A short moment the windows scrolls up... But then The Lines are scrolled back to Line 100 (the one with my cursor) and i´m loose my "scrolling region" (the lines i see in the window)... It is not possible to scroll to line 190 to have a look there... After a second (or something similar) the "view" scroll back to line 100 (its not a really scrolling; its more an "jump to line 100 and show it as visible line 1 in the window".

I REALLY run often in this - in my eyes - trap :)
Maybe it is an Feature?

No matter if its an bug or a feature: How can i change the editor-behaviour to avoid these "Problem"? ;-)

I want to view that part of my code i want so see and i want to position my cursor whereever i will :D

A few days now i´ve played with b4a and i´m REALLY surprised about my progress till today and i´m really happy about that. WOW! GREAT! :sign0098:

regards, Manfred
PS: If it is needed as backgroundinfo: I´m using Windows 8 and v2.71 of b4a.

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel is there a fix for this, as it's now affecting the way I work and as mentioned it's very unproductive!! I've checked and unchecked libraries, but to no avail. Can you give a little more information about this issue and how and why it occurs and how to resolve it.

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Cheers, HTTPUtils2 lib reference removed and now it's fine - although I thought I'd already tried that before and it hadn't worked..!! Oh well.

:sign0060:

GeeKay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cheers, HTTPUtils2 lib reference removed and now it's fine - although I thought I'd already tried that before and it hadn't worked..!! Oh well.

:sign0060:

Hi,

before you probably didn't restart the IDE after you removed the reference. I fight with this STRANGE behaviour too (my mouse could talk about it).
I have a library with some classes and I add one module which is used in these classes as well. This was the beginning... :)

To Erel, is there some timeframe for the next release (with a fix) please?