Wish CustomClass, CustomModule and CurstomService

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The CustomClass is proving untle to insert classes that are often used by us without having to access the SharedModule folder.

This is very useful because I often use the DropBox class together with the Httjob classes and I prefer them to the libraries because sometimes the libraries generate some errors, especially with dropboxes.

My whish not only to have the code modules and customizable services even to be able to save them.

That is, I create a class within my App. I realize that the class can be useful for me and I want to make it CustomClass. But I would like to avoid the steps to compile XML manually and create a b4a_exclude file. Maybe the IDE could have a function in the menu that an inner class turns it into a customClass, generating the two files and saving them to the Additional Library folder.

Thank's

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is very useful because I often use the DropBox class together with the Httjob classes and I prefer them to the libraries because sometimes the libraries generate some errors, especially with dropboxes.
I wouldn't use custom classes for this task. This is exactly the purpose of the linked modules feature added in v7.80: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-modules-files-groups-and-folders.86587/#content
This way you can choose whether to copy the module or only add a link. Linked modules are updated automatically.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wouldn't use custom classes for this task. This is exactly the purpose of the linked modules feature added in v7.80: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-modules-files-groups-and-folders.86587/#content
This way you can choose whether to copy the module or only add a link. Linked modules are updated automatically.
I understand what you mean, but beyond this aspect, my desire is to have a function that allows saving a class as Custom, then generating XML and file b4a_exclude

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For the moment I think I have solved, I created a small App in B4J that realizes what I asked.

It can be found here, with the relevant source codes :D:D:D:D:D

upload_2018-3-15_7-5-8.png

Last edited: