DBUtils not working with Version 2.7

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel, i decided to update to the latest version, and i've noticed a couple of strange things.
First with the previous version everything was working fine, I have a database with two tables, logininfo and locationinfo.
When the application starts up I check to see if logininfo table exists if it does i drop and re-create it.
for the second table which is locationinfo i don't re-create because it contains data that i want to use as soon as the application starts, but it gets deleted when the app starts with version 2.7 without me telling it to.

I decided to switch to DBUtils, I downloaded the module and when i add it to my app, and i declare a variable like this
Dim cyprusdata as DBUtils

the variable cryprusdata turns red and i can't access any of the methods from DBUtils.

I know something must have changed, i haven't really had time to go through all the changes on this new version, but I need to complete this app, maybe I should have waited until i finished this app to update to 2.7, but for the time being can you please help me figure this out, why am i seeing this strange behaviors with either the SQL or DBUtils module.

Thanks,
Walter Flores