iOS Question Deprecated API Usage B4i 6.50

nobbi59

Licensed User
Longtime User
Im trying to Upload my App to the AppStore but I get the following Error:

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of new apps that use UIWebView APIs starting from April 2020. See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.

I got this message before but I thought UIWebView has been removed with B4i 6.50?

My MinVersion is set to 10.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue? Maybe its due to a library that still uses UIWebView? Its not a critical problem right now because for the next 2 weeks Apple will still accept it but starting from April it will be a problem.

Attachments

• libraries_list.png
    libraries_list.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 163

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This could be a long shot, but try removing the current webview from the layout and re-add it.

Maybe the new version of B4i doesn't automatically update *existing* Webviews to the new WKWebview - maybe it will only give you the new WKWebview when you place a new webview on a new page?

Upvote 0

nobbi59

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi John,

Thanks for your reply but Im not even using a WebView in my project, thats why im a littlebit confused šŸ˜€

Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
In previous (6.01) B4iBuidServer I see a lot of ...UIWebView... in libCore.a and in libiAdmob.a.
In current (6.50) B4iBuildServer I don't see UIWebView inside libCore.a, but libiAdMob.a is not changed (probably exactly this is a problem)

Upvote 0

nobbi59

Licensed User
Longtime User
No I dont use iAdMob. Ive attached a list of the Libraries I use to the first post.

Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
Firebase.Auth (which you use) is linked with UIWebView also.

To be sure, create a new project. At first include FirebaseAnalytics only. Compile, rename ipa to zip, extract executable file B4iExample.
Open it in text editor and search by UIWebView. Nothing.
Add Firebase.Auth, do the same. A lot of UIWebView.

BTW, libiFirebase.Auth is 'clear'. But there are references to frameworks.

Upvote 0