Did this company copy my creation?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
f you remember sometime ago I uploaded an idea to extend Bluetooth range by adding a device attached to the phone and takes the BT information,
then sends the same inforation by way of RF transceiver. Please see the "My creation post and the company's video.

The video:
<iframe width="480" height="270" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The post:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
YOU DID develop the hardware? You have a Trademark on this hardware/this solution?

Are you sure the company is using your code?

The Video you posted shows another hardware than the one you are using. Looks like an antenna with battery included/batterypack?

Edit to add:
Isn´t it a bit utopic to think you are the only one in this world with this Idea? There must be a reason that the hardware is selled already, isn´t it?

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
YOU DID develop the hardware? You have a Trademark on this hardware/this solution?
Are you sure the company is using your code?

NO

*The Video you posted shows another hardware than the one you are using. Looks like an antenna with battery included/batterypack?*

NO
Bluetooth module (BT) + RF module (RF) packed in a single compact device. (the same as mine where these components are separate.

*Edit to add:
Isn´t it a bit utopic to think you are the only one in this world with this Idea?*

By no means I can claim I am the only one in the world..
I am asking if this is the same idea because I wasn't sure.

*There must be a reason that the hardware is selled already, isn´t it?*

Although I didn't fully understand the above question, but I would like to say this;

1. Many people can think the same thing at the same time. They could be thousands of miles away from each other.

2. The United States was the last country that was adapting (First to Invent) law.. but since a few years back it's abandoned this
law and adapted the (First to File) law and joined the rest of the world in this. Therefore, It doesn't matter if I was the first in this
idea or came after this company, I will have no right to the idea anyway because they already put it in the market, which implies
they patented it. So the purpose of the post is to see the similarity of the two ideas, not to collect deviance to fight the company.

Finally: In (My Creation) the Bluetooth code is from B4A tutorials, the RF radio and BT module are from Amazon, and the phone from

LG and the operating system from Android.. ;)

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not to be meant unrecpectful: @Beja Please awake. You are sleeping/dreaming.

1. Many people can think the same thing at the same time. They could be thousands of miles away from each other.
Fully aggree. But your comment
let me tghink different. It sounds like YOU ALONE does have this idea.

Although I didn't fully understand the above question
I meant: there are dozents of RF Extender available on the Market. Since YEARS.
Are they developed just for fun?
I guess no. They (the devs) do had the same idea like you.
They then developed the hardware and sell them. In the video you posted it looks like the device he is using is more sophisticated than yours. At least it is all in a box with no extenal powersupply (at least i could not see any in the video).
I will have no right to the idea anyway because they already put it in the market, which implies
they patented it.

So i can imply by your comment you DID patented your Idea?
In (My Creation) the Bluetooth code is from B4A tutorials, the RF radio and BT module are from Amazon, and the phone from
LG and the operating system from Android..
So there is nothing special or unique in your solution, right?

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So there is nothing special or unique in your solution, right?

Only if it's second to that company's.. and even with that, my solution exposes the technology for everyone to understand and learn, while the company product is a black box for sale.

Thank yo Don for correcting the post layout.

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
we have a similar solution..

SmartphoneBluetooth with B4A-App close to our box 5x5cm, that box use Standard Bluetooth to comunicate with the (or any) Smartphone but at the same time communicate with our mesh Bluetooth long range (700+mts)

The key here, I think, is the business model.

Look McD they sell burgers..and many others sell burgers too ahah

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did not corrected anything ;-)

I just quoted as much of your post which i want to answer. I did used 6 Quotes. Each with just a part of your post...

Misunderstanding.. I thought you corrected it.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will have no right to the idea anyway because they already put it in the market, which implies
they patented it.

Patents cost money and time so it's not sure if it is patented already.
But indeed when it is out there to buy someone else invented and produced it so it's known and you probably can't claim it.

A small tweak (in range, protocol) makes it a new product I guess and might be acceptable for another patent.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Patents cost money and time so it's not sure if it is patented already.
But indeed when it is out there to buy someone else invented and produced it so it's known and you probably can't claim it.

A small tweak (in range, protocol) makes it a new product I guess and might be acceptable for another patent.

Thanks sorex.. you are absolutely right in both statements. I can't patent it because it was already disclosed to the public, regardless if they patented or not.
The other point, and while it is perfect, but the new (good and useful) features must be at least 30% of the original features (substantial enhancement), otherwise it's not palatable.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
@Beja : hello, I don't really have anything to add to the above debate, mainly its a very big legal area of practice in many areas of copyright and ideation. The whole COULD revolve around proving that the idea (one's idea) and its public statement predated another same statement. The principle is often seen in the music and academic research zones - though it would apply most likely in other areas of ideation and invention.

I have a long ago memory that goes as follows :
A Swedish [edit :oops: turns out its Danish sorry Ms Toksvig] think-tank (well known although I've forgotten its name now - at least I think it was there {**}) wanted to patent a technique for raising sunken vessels from seabed / somewhere underwater. The idea that they came up with seemed brilliant and really simple. They wanted to pump a bizillion ping-pong balls or something into the wreck, create bouyancy, and, ergo, the wreck would float to the surface. When applying for the patent, the problem they came up against was that the patent office in its due diligence found a Donald Duck cartoon strip in which the very idea had been used and "demonstrated" by whoever Donald Duck was authored by. On the basis that the IDEA had already been "published" the patent was refused. Although salvage work is today carried out often using airbags and balloon thingys.
[[
{**} I just remembered and looked this up on giggle : Karl Kroyer which exposes the myth and legend of the story, but it "applies" none-the-less
]]

Intellectual Property is more often than not about precedence ... as others have suggested here ... a long and not easy journey.

Not being more than a couch-top lawyer, I'm not sure whether one can use the idea to produce things anyway (within the limits of commercial and technical boundaries), but it would be subject to the principle of acknowledgement of origin of the idea. Yeah, I know, find a commercial entity that does That. Anyway. Just a snippet of what was an intriguing information bite at the time a thousand years ago. In other areas use of the ideas / music bars / maths and science etc this is a clear no-no without very careful accreditation and referencing recognising the originator/s. {Ok that is a pedantic point, but in the world I lived in for many years, always worth reminding one's self about).

So, one of the things I wanted to ask about, and avoid starting a new thread 💩🏳 is : based on the post your quote in #1 which looks like its a solution to a project I am working on .... [original question]

The post:

can you please point to the posting that has the mentioned information

Sure I will.. Compiling more information including the b4a app.
By the end of the day will be updated.

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
can you please point to the posting that has the mentioned information

you mean the original post? you can click on the link in that post quote (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/extend-bluetooth-range-to-2000m.94892/)

now that I read that post I have some doubts about the 'product'.

apparently it's not something new and uses/links several existing products to fullfil it's aim.

when I did some searching I could find articles from 2004 where they used bluetooth extenders which communicated with each other over more than 1Km.

isn't this the same thing or am I missing something?

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
you mean the original post?

yes, but, also, as I read it again I realise that I misinterpreted the text there as meaning there was a project example post forthcoming, rather than, an information update after further search.

the diagram in that older post was what caught my interest to solve an issue I have with a project. conceptually it does.

i'm not sure about how the video in post #1 here relates to @Beja's question, because its very short and scratchy.

isn't this the same thing or am I missing something?

It would appear that its the same thing, sometimes these things are complexly simple mind-benders, who knows why.

for myself I just wondered how to get arduino uno with NRF24L01 to talk through a BT mouthpiece.......to pass a message on to a cellphone....NOT A NEW QUESTION i've already made a posting about it as noted in #14 above......😐

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
for myself I just wondered how to get arduino uno with NRF24L01 to talk through a BT mouthpiece.......to pass a message on to a cellphone....NOT A NEW QUESTION i've already made a posting about it as noted in #14 above......😐
I think, you should add more info, What you really want to do?

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi rabbitBUSH

Today patent offices around the world relieved themselves of the headache of courts and lawsuits, to determine who invented the idea first. Now after discarding the First-to-Invent principle. and adapting the First-to-File principle. they don't care about any evidence you present to prove priority date if you didn't file the application before others. The last member of this new policy was USPTO. The only thing you can claim to invalidate the other inventor's claim is to prove the court that the invention was already disclosed to the public 12 moths + 1 day ago, so it's been in the public domain and everyone can make and utilize it. This way you deprive your opponent of any exclusive rights to the invention and you can make and sell it as any one else. (just make it better than other and treat your customers nicely :) )

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Hello @Beja

Must be the Trump-effect

It seems that here the filing of an intent to apply sparks a search worldwide. there is the same bit about 12 months after statement of intent. nothing on the surface about if the search takes longer than 12 months.......

Patent Law in South Africa
The Patent Law in South Africa requires that an invention meets three important conditions: Novelty, Usefulness and Inventiveness. Under the Patent Law the invention must be completely new. As such the patent lawyers will conduct a novelty search in trade magazines, online, through databases, and newspapers around the world to establish whether any reporting was done on the invention prior to filing for patent rights. In addition the Patent Law requires that the invention must not be obvious to someone skilled in the specific subject area and it must be useful. Inventing something that cannot be used in commerce, medicine or for instance agriculture will thus not constitute the right to a patent. The best way to ensure successful filing and granting of a patent is to go through patent attorneys when applying for patent right

source of information

Step 2 – Complete Patent Application
The second step is to file a complete patent application within 12 months of filing the provisional patent application in South Africa, and/or in each country where you wish to obtain patent protection. The complete patent application or applications will claim a first (or “priority”) date from your provisional patent application. In other words, the rights you are protecting date back to the filing date of your South African provisional patent application. During the initial 12 month patent grace period, your rights are kept open.

Some interesting comments about exclusions in our law, which apparently might not apply in other countries, software for instance, business practices, and the one that kills some of those "special" Arduino projects we might have in mind.....inventions that would encourage offensive or immoral behaviour are frivolous or contrary to the known laws of nature, such as perpetual motion machines - > Hell I had Such big ideas until I looked up this stuff.............

But I can still make my "medical concoctions" and patent them ..☠.. its just that new medical massage "treatment" I can't patent.

Wait, there are those things from the unknown laws of nature still in play ......