Share My Creation Digital weather watch face for Android wear - Round or square watch faces

Hello to everybody in this great community,
Yesterday I decided to create myself a new Android Wear watch face before I start a new project for a client. The simplicity of B4A meant that this watch face didn't take long to create. I created this watch face to cater for both round face and square face devices, all the code is in one service. For watches like the Moto 360 that has a chin/flat tyre, the code caters for that too (see the screen shot below).

There's an options screen for turning the outer border on or off, for changing the border colour, for changing the background colour of the LCD display and you can also select from either 12 or 24 hour readouts (yes the dots do blink on and off every 500ms). I've added a rear digit alpha SeekBar so that users can set the alpha to their desired preference. Since taking the screen shots I've added a temperature select option to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit, I've also changed the design and placement of the buttons that allows for changing the border and LCD background colours.

Weather data wise I'm using openweathermap.org, it's free and it appears to have accurate weather data feed information, well it's accurate here :p.

I'll continue testing this watch face but so far it's running like clock work :rolleyes:. Once I've finished testing this watch face I'll upload it onto the Android Wear on-watch Play Store.

Below are some actual screen shots.
MainShotB4x.png

Options screen
watch_settings.png

DonManfred's Holo Colorpicker for colour selection
watch_color.png

Watch face also caters for Moto 360 chin/flat tyre
moto362_watch_time.png

This is not the best photo, but the basics are there to see...
IMG_20171212_122715.jpg

Cheers...

Last edited:

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Finally someone uses the watchface library for a really good watchface. Thank you very much. Very nice work!

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Finally someone uses the watchface library for a really good watchface. Thank you very much. Very nice work!
No no no thank you for wrapping such a great and easy to use library, without it this post would not be here.

I updated the app yesterday, this is what it now looks like.

Time with step counter, user defined LCD colour and border switched off
watch_time_2.png

Options screen (Scrolled to top)
watch_settings_top.png

Options screen (Scrolled to bottom)
Buttons show current colours
watch_settings_bottom.png

Thank you again @corwin42...

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks awesome peter.

Can i ask you something please?

Is the app for sale or a free app?
Is it worth to code for the wear market?

Is it worth to buy an android watch and make some wear apps and sell them? How is the potential for that in your oppinion?

Btw what watch are u using?

Thanx, ilan

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks awesome peter.

Can i ask you something please?

Is the app for sale or a free app?
Is it worth to code for the wear market?

Is it worth to buy an android watch and make some wear apps and sell them? How is the potential for that in your oppinion?

Btw what watch are u using?

Thanx, ilan

Hello @ilan,
Thank you for your kinds words.

Q. Is the app for sale or a free app?
A. I'll be putting it in the on-watch Play Store for Ā£0.99p. my partner wants me to put it on there for a fee (she talks and I listen ;)), just like my TIX watch face, I've had a hand full of sales of that one in the couple of weeks since I released it, it's is my favourite.

Q. Is it worth to code for the wear market?
A. Probably not, but I enjoy developing in B4A for much that when business is quite I just program for fun, so I might was well add a few watch faces to the on-watch Play Store just to see if it's any good or not.

Q. Is it worth to buy an android watch and make some wear apps and sell them? How is the potential for that in your oppinion?
A. Probably not. Joanne (my better half) gave me some money towards towards a birthday present of my choosing, so I purchased an Android Wear smart watch. I previously had another smartwatch, but that was not that good so I gave it away and purchased my current watch.

Q. Btw what watch are u using?
A. I developed this app on my LG Watch Urbane. I also did a lot of testing using different watch face layouts on the older AVD (Android Virtual Devices) manager.

I'm considering buying another watch in a month or two.

The Watch Face library from @corwin42 is just sooooooooooooooooooo good, it's an absolute pleasure to use and easy to develop with :cool:

Last edited: