DJI Drones library for B4A

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are there any developers enthusiastic about drones?

We will soon have a library for DJI SDK.

Playing with the simulator which is built-in the Phantom 4 drone:

drone.gif

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I love drones but due to strict flight regulations here in Italy, I have lost the appetite :(
I was planning to buy the DJI Mavic or a second hand Phantom4 drone

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Due to the more appealing diy drone aftermarket I guess developers will be more inclined to create a B4X solution (b4R for electronics control +B4A/I for device flying control)

About flight restrictions, Paris allows one Sunday per month usage in the tour Eiffel surrounding gardens... So the interest remains active around here

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Guess what Santa brought to @Erel last Xmas? Eheh

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oooo . I have a phantom 3 advanced. Will i be able to use it or do i need a phantom 4 =)

Are there any developers enthusiastic about drones?

We will soon have a library for DJI SDK.

Playing with the simulator which is built-in the Phantom 4 drone:

drone.gif

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
wow 2000$ for a toy?? (the cheapest model)
an atom bomb included still does not justify the price. the drone will need to fly me an my family to italy maybe then i will buy one.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Well, the DJI models are considered highend drones compared to other makes which cost far less. The DJI Mavic is about EUR 1100.
It's not necessary a toy. I have a friend who quit his day-job and is now assisting film-makers to film scenes from above where you previously needed a helicopter. There are many uses for drones, even professional ones. It is a new business.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, the DJI models are considered highend drones compared to other makes which cost far less. The DJI Mavic is about EUR 1100.
It's not necessary a toy. I have a friend who quit his day-job and is now assisting film-makers to film scenes from above where you previously needed a helicopter. There are many uses for drones, even professional ones. It is a new business.

yes you are right.
i was thinking to buy one to try it out. but the price was much lower. it cost about 80$ and also included a camera.
what do you think about such models? should i buy one only for fun? not for professional use.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, at that price it is indeed more of a toy :D
...and probably much harder to fly...
...but it's great fun!!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a phantom 3 advanced. Will i be able to use it or do i need a phantom 4 =)
Phantom 3 is supported.

Supported platforms:

SS-2017-01-11_14.47.23.png

Prices start from $800 for Phantom 3 advanced. It is indeed expensive but it is an amazing machine.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel,

What possible things we could make with this lib ? I am just trying to imagine =)

Phantom 3 is supported.

Supported platforms:

SS-2017-01-11_14.47.23.png

Prices start from $800 for Phantom 3 advanced. It is indeed expensive but it is an amazing machine.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A... Hi Erel, how is this going to work? Bluetooth? WiFi? both are either outside the range or outside the LAN router.
I am just wondering..

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I especially like how he goes boarding up the hill as everyone else is surfing down!

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not me, I only fly 450 and 550 size RC helicopter in 3D. But I'm not sure weather or not to actually get into drones as you can't really do 3D flying with drones.

This will be an excellent library to add to this community though.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok i went today to the supermarket to buy food and guess what they also had for sale??
a mini drone.
i know, you don't buy drones in a supermarket but i could not resist. :D

btw it cost me 15$ :D and i tried it and its really flying. (i was surprised that a toy for 15$ can fly)
i will try it a little bit more out and if i like this hobby i may purchase a phantom 3 advanced.

here it cost "only" 3450 shekel (=900$)

http://video.org.il/items/803711